Tampa, FL – February 16th, 2017 – Geek Out Tampa opened the first LAN gaming center in Temple Terrace in the Fall of 2016 at 12108 North 56th Street. Geek Out is open daily from 12PM-2AM, just minutes from the University of South Florida, conveniently accessible from I-275 and I-75.
Owner, Anthony Reager says, “I opened Geek Out as a place for people to come and hangout to play video games. We have the space for gamers to gather in-person and have a great time. We also have snacks and drinks available for purchase”. Reager is a first-time business owner and wanted to do something different.
Gamers can count on a speedy internet connection and a variety of internet games such as Overwatch, League of Legends, Counter Strike, StarCraft, World of Warcraft, and more available for download. In addition, console gamers can check out the Wii U, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. Geek Out also hosts bi-weekly Super Smash 4 tournaments.
Gaming PCs are available hourly for $3 an hour and $12 for an entire day (14 hours of gameplay). The hourly rate includes access to console systems as well. Specials are held regularly – currently on Mondays and Tuesdays all day passes are available discounted at $8 a day.
Here are some facts about the growing e-sports industry:
• The e-sports industry has over 70 million regular viewers a year and 147 million occasional viewers in 2015, according to Newzoo
• In 2014, League of Legends ratings topped the NBA Finals, according to ESPN
• Some major corporations that sponsor e-sports include Coca-Cola, Red Bull, Samsung, AMD, Logitech, and Nissan
• The number of gamers compare well with sports fan audiences
• The e-sports industry is headed for a $1 billion-dollar economy this year according to Newzoo
For more information please visit Geek Out Tampa at http://www.geekouttampa.com or on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/geekouttampa.