Immersive Traveling Exhibit to Tour Tampa Bay Through October and November
TAMPA, Sept. 29, 2016 –Tampa Bay Buccaneers are asking their female fans “ARE YOU IN?” this season by taking the team’s wildly popular Women of RED fan experience events on the road with an innovative, travelling community exhibit unlike anything Bucs fans have ever seen. This first-of-its-kind, interactive exhibit named the Women of RED Zone will be out and about Tampa Bay over the next six weeks meeting fans where they work and play.
“We are thrilled to introduce the Women of RED Zone as a brand new, innovative program for our fans to connect with their team,” said Glazer Family Foundation Co-President Darcie Glazer Kassewitz. “Our female fans are incredibly passionate about their Buccaneers and we want to capture that energy and excitement through this RED Zone concept.”
The RED Zone made its debut at last Wednesday’s Women of RED Invasion event at Raymond James Stadium where over 1,500 fans gathered to celebrate their excitement for the start of the 2016 NFL season. During the event, enthusiastic fans visited the Women of RED Zone display to sign the inside walls of the structure with their support and recount their favorite Bucs memories. These personal messages will serve to galvanize the fans and the team and capture the passion that Bucs fans have for their squad.
The Women of RED Zone now will be taking to the streets through mid-November and visiting events such as the Tailgate Taste Fest in Tampa’s Curtis Hixon Park on Oct.1 and the Conga Caliente Festival at Al Lopez Park on Nov. 6. At each stop, fans will be invited to answer the call, “Women of RED, ARE YOU IN?” by adding their names and inspirational comments to the inside of the structure’s red walls. Additionally, fans will have the opportunity to record brief video messages about their passion for the team. Select video messages will be used on the team’s social media feeds as well as played in the stadium throughout the season on the newly introduced BucVision BV6 giant video boards during Buccaneers games this season.
The Women of RED Zone is scheduled to make five stops across Tampa Bay in the months of October and November. Locations include:
- Oct. 1 – Curtis Hixon Waterfront Park for Tampa Bay’s Tailgate Fest from 3 p.m. – 7 p.m.
- Oct. 2 – Buccaneers vs. Denver Broncos at Raymond James Stadium (south concourse)
- Oct. 29 – Treasure Chests 5K Run/Walk and Corporate Challenge at Raymond James Stadium (south concourse) 8 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Oct. 30 – Buccaneers vs. Oakland Raiders at Raymond James Stadium (south concourse)
- Nov. 6 – Conga Caliente Festival at Al Lopez Park from 11 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- The eye-catching Red Zone exhibit will also allow fans to experience some of the more popular interactive elements that have contributed to the team’s highly successful Women of RED initiative. Visitors to the RED Zone will get to meet Buccaneer legends and take photos with the Lombardi Trophy from the team’s Super Bowl XXXVII victory at select locations, sample the virtual reality technology that Bucs players such as Jameis Winston use to prepare for game days, and register for the chance to win unique prizes and team giveaways.
- In addition, the Buccaneers Street Team RV will also be on hand at the various stops, featuring 75-inch and 65-inch Smart TVs, an Xbox One and a stadium-themed home theater, and a replica locker room with chances to try on real Buccaneers gear.