The team was among some 8,000 employees participating in Stantec in the Community Day, a total which includes the more than 175 volunteers in Florida. The events were in celebration of Stantec’s focus on giving back to the local community and in support of the firm’s promise to design with community in mind.
In 2015, more than 7,000 Stantec team members volunteered at community organizations in Canada, the United States, Barbados, the UK, the UAE and India. This year, we had more than 8,000 employee volunteers during this annual day of firm volunteerism. “Community is at the center of everything we do at Stantec,” said Fermin A. Diaz, Gulf Regional Leader at Stantec. “Stantec in the Community Day encourages our staff to support local causes and organizations. And, there is no better way to support our communities than through our personal involvement.”
Other Stantec in the Community Day volunteer events throughout Florida include:
• In Fort Myers, the team helped sort and package food at Harry Chapin Food Bank for the 4th year in a row.
• This year, 40+ Stantec volunteers partnered with Feeding Tampa Bay (FTB).
• Orlando volunteers visited Kelly Park for a clean-up.
• Naples worked with the City of Naples on a beach clean-up and trail clearing for Conservation Collier.
• Miami held a bake sale for No Kid Hungry and then visited Camillus House.
• In Sarasota, 30 Stantec team members were at Nokomis Beach for a clean-up. The clean-up was dedicated to a Stantec employee that passed away several years ago. She was committed to organizing beach clean-ups involving this particular beach.
• In Coral Gables, 20 volunteers worked at Chapman House to help feed the homeless.
• Deerfield Beach staff cleaned up their beach.
• West Palm Beach had a blood drive in honor of the Orlando Pulse victims.
We’re active members of the communities we serve. That’s why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind. The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. Our work—engineering, architecture, interior design, landscape architecture, surveying, environmental sciences, project management, and project economics, from initial project concept and planning through design, construction, and commissioning—begins at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. With a long-term commitment to the people and places we serve, Stantec has the unique ability to connect to projects on a personal level and advance the quality of life in communities across the globe. Visit us at www.stantec.com or find us on social media.