ST. PETERSBURG, FL (August 19, 2016) — Big Sea, a digital marketing and development agency based in St. Petersburg, has been making serious waves in the Tampa Bay area.
In December 2015, Big Sea merged with local digital agency, ThinkTank, to offer twice the creativity, twice the development firepower, and twice the marketing prowess. “Our skill sets complement one another’s so well, which is why the merger came together so naturally,” said Joe Hamilton, Managing Partner and CEO of Big Sea. “We asked ourselves why are we competing against each other when as a team, we can accomplish so much more. Separately, we had strong businesses; together, we can lift our agencies to a national level.”
Less than a year later, the merger has proven to be a powerful move. Here’s a look at Big Sea’s eventful timeline since the merger:
- February: Big Sea’s Project Director presents on managing clients and work at Girl Develop It Tampa, a nonprofit organization that provides affordable programs for adult women interested in learning web and software development in a judgment-free environment.
- March: Andi Graham, Managing Partner and CMO, talks ROI of social media with a group of communicators at the Tampa Bay Chapter of FPRA. Marketing Coordinator is featured on HubSpot’s blog. Hamilton presents at the St. Petersburg Greenhouse Entrepreneurial Academy.
- April: The company is nominated as one of Tampa Bay Business Journal’s Best Places to Work. Graham speaks about agency ownership and how to transition from freelancing at Squares Conference in Dallas, Texas. Big Sea is named a 2016 Sustainable Business Award Winner.
- May: Big Sea holds ShipIt Day, a 24 hour friendly competition between teams to create, innovate, research, and learn. The winner gets his project published in the WordPress repository. Graham featured on Developer Tea podcast.
- June: Graham is featured on Biz Women Rock podcast. She shares how and why she merged her company with a “competitor,” how she created recurring revenue with clients in her service-based business and what personal work she does to make sure she shows up as her best self every single day. Graham speaks about ROI of social media at FPRA Treasure Coast Chapter.
- July: Dzuy Nguyen, Managing Partner and CTO, shares the magic of ShipIt Day in this feature by Stack Overflow. UI/UX Designer is regularly featured on the front page of Codepen.io for his creative front-end work. Graham speaks about social media ROI at FPRA Polk County.
- August: Graham is featured in an article by Codementor.io about how to connect and participate in a community. Big Sea is a Good ’Burger Cool Companies finalist. Graham is nominated for Tampa Bay Business Journal’s 2016 Business Woman of the Year. Big Sea plans to host an event, Design Disruptors Screening, to be held on September 14, 2016.
If this timeline is a forecast of things to come, Big Sea is prepared for a surge of new partnerships and opportunities.
About Big Sea
Big Sea partners with successful entrepreneurs, business owners, and marketing teams around the world to provide branding, strategy, design and development services that grow to meet increased demand. Now entering its second decade, Big Sea remains steadfast in its commitment to fostering a workplace rich in both integrity and innovation.
727-386-8031 ext. 7001