Hudson, Florida (August 17, 2016) – Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point will devote its Tuesday Tutorials during the month of September to geriatrics education. On September 6, 2016, RMCBP will continue its Tuesday Tutorials with a seminar on dementia presented by Joseph Pino, MD. The seminar will be held at the Rao Musunuru, MD Conference Center at 14100 Yosemite Drive, Hudson, Florida 34667.
He has practiced geriatric medicine in our community since 1984. He is certified by the American Board of Family Medicine with added qualification in geriatrics. He is also by the American Board of Hospice Medical Directors. Dr. Pino is a former medical director at Bear Creek Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, Bayonet Point Health & Rehabilitation (now Solaris Health Care), HPH Home Care and HPH Hospice.
Presently he is Chief Medical Office of Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point and Assistant Clinical Professor of Geriatrics, through Nova University in the medical center’s internal medicine program.
Dr. Pino serves on the board of Chapters Health Care, the parent of HPH Hospice. Dr. Pino remains committed to caring for seniors and improving quality of life for the aging population.
Registration/lunch begins at 11:30 and the tutorial will begin at noon.
Seating is limited and reservations are required. For more information and reservations call 727-869-5498 or toll free 888-741-5119.
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet has been serving the community since 1981. We are a 290-bed acute care hospital located in Hudson, FL and home of the nationally acclaimed Heart Institute. We have more than 350 physicians, 1,264 employees and 500 volunteers on our integrated healthcare delivery team.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
- Level II Trauma Center
- Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI by the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care
- 2010, 2011, 2013 and 2014 Top Performing Hospital for Key Quality Measures for heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, and surgical care – The Joint Commission
- Certified Advance Primary Stroke Center – Joint Commission
- 2014 and 2015 Top Performing Hospital for Key Quality Measures for heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, surgical care, VTE and stroke – The Joint Commission
- Heart & Stroke Champions Award Winner 1998 – 2011
- MRI, CT, Ultrasound, and Nuclear Medicine Accredited – American College of Radiology
- Approved Community Cancer Program – American College of Surgeons
- 5 Joint Commission Disease-Specific Certifications: primary stroke center, acute myocardial infarction, coronary artery bypass graft, joint replacement hip, joint replacement knee
- Awarded Hospital Safety Score of “A” in SIX consecutive rankings by The Leapfrog Group
- Recipient of the 2014 American Heart Association (AHA)/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines® Gold Performance Achievement Award in stroke
- Awarded full Atrial Fibrillation Certification status from the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care (SCPC)
- Recipient of 2016 Blue Distinction® Center+ Designation for Quality and Cost-Efficiency in Cardiac Care
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is located at 14000 Fivay Road, Hudson, FL. 34667. For additional information on Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point visit www.rmchealth.com or www.heartoftampa.com or visit us on Facebook.