Hudson, Florida (August 17, 2016) – Regional Medical Center Bayonet announces that Marjorie H. Freeman, RN, BSN, CMSRN (Certified Medical Surgical Registered Nurse), has been appointed as Director of its Neuro Spine Orthopedics program. Ms. Freeman comes to Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point from INTEGRIS Baptist Medical Center in Oklahoma City where she served as Clinical Director of its Medical Surgical Unit and Program Coordinator of its Joint Replacement Center where she was responsible for caring for patients without acute illnesses including elective joint replacement surgery, elective spine surgery, stroke, multi-trauma, ENT procedures, brain surgery, and bariatric surgery.
Ms. Freeman is a Certified Medical Surgical Registered Nurse. She received has Associate degree of nursing from Redlands Community College in ElReno, Oklahoma, and her Bachelor of Science degree in nursing from the University of Oklahoma HSC in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. Ms. Freeman lives in Hudson.
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet has been serving the community since 1981. We are a 290-bed acute care hospital located in Hudson, FL and home of the nationally acclaimed Heart Institute. We have more than 350 physicians, 1,264 employees and 500 volunteers on our integrated healthcare delivery team.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
- Level II Trauma Center
- Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI by the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care
- 2010, 2011, 2013 and 2014 Top Performing Hospital for Key Quality Measures for heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, and surgical care – The Joint Commission
- Certified Advance Primary Stroke Center – Joint Commission
- 2014 and 2015 Top Performing Hospital for Key Quality Measures for heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, surgical care, VTE and stroke – The Joint Commission
- Heart & Stroke Champions Award Winner 1998 – 2011
- MRI, CT, Ultrasound, and Nuclear Medicine Accredited – American College of Radiology
- Approved Community Cancer Program – American College of Surgeons
- 5 Joint Commission Disease-Specific Certifications: primary stroke center, acute myocardial infarction, coronary artery bypass graft, joint replacement hip, joint replacement knee
- Awarded Hospital Safety Score of “A” in SIX consecutive rankings by The Leapfrog Group
- Recipient of the 2014 American Heart Association (AHA)/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines® Gold Performance Achievement Award in stroke
- Awarded full Atrial Fibrillation Certification status from the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care (SCPC)
- Recipient of 2016 Blue Distinction® Center+ Designation for Quality and Cost-Efficiency in Cardiac Care
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is located at 14000 Fivay Road, Hudson, FL. 34667. For additional information on Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point visit www.rmchealth.com or www.heartoftampa.com or visit us on Facebook.