Neighborhood Tavern Celebrates the Season with Gourmet Burger Specials, Craft Beer,
a Social Media Contest and a Grilling Showdown
TAMPA (June 16, 2016) – Nothing says “summer” quite like a juicy burger from the grill, washed down with an ice-cold beer. That’s why Marlow’s Tavern is launching Burgers & Brews, a celebration featuring delicious burgers, craft beers, a #MarlowsBurgerBite social media photo contest and the chance to create the winning grilling recipe for a Big Green Egg.
“Whether you’re hanging out with friends on the patio or grabbing a bite at the bar, Marlow’s is the place to enjoy first-class gourmet burgers and brews this summer,” said John C. Metz, executive chef and co-founder of Marlow’s Tavern. “We’ve cooked up some meaty new options we can’t wait for our friends to try.”
This Burgers & Brews celebration also includes the Marlow’s Tavern Grilling Recipe Contest. Grill-masters are encouraged to submit their own original grilling recipe for the opportunity to compete for a coveted Big Green Egg. Second place wins a $200 Marlow’s Tavern gift card, and third place scores a $100 gift card.
Entries are accepted at marlowstavern.com through July 31. No purchase is necessary for guests to enter this contest, and entries are limited to one per person or email address. Metz will review and judge all recipes, then announce the winners on Saturday, September 10.
Now through August 1, guests can enjoy one of Marlow’s mouth-watering signature burgers, including:
• Classic Burger Dip: Marlow’s perfectly seasoned Classic Burger served with thinly sliced prime rib, Swiss cheese, caramelized onions, romaine lettuce and a Roma tomato on a toasted onion bun.
• Naked Chicken Burger: All-natural Joyce Farms ground chicken, mozzarella, provolone, baby arugula, Roma tomato and red onion on a toasted pretzel bun.
• Black & Blue Burger: Topped with creamy Gorgonzola and applewood-smoked bacon on a toasted sesame brioche bun.
The menu also includes a rotating “burger du jour” that may feature:
• “Chicken Fried” Steak Burger: Marlow’s perfectly seasoned Classic Burger, crispy chicken fried steak, pimento cheese, romaine, Roma tomato, red onion on a toasted ciabatta roll.
• Colorado Lamb Burger: Grove Farms domestic lamb, oregano, grilled merguez sausage, feta cheese, arugula, tomato, onion, crisp cucumber on a toasted onion bun.
• Royale with Cheese: Waygu beef seared perfectly, stacked with American cheese and pickles on buttery brioche.
Other special menu offerings include:
• Beer & Cheese Soup: A light beer soup with garlic, fresh thyme, provolone, Swiss and Parmesan sourdough crisp.
• The Red Devils: House-made deviled eggs, spicy horseradish, fresh herbs, dijonnaise and toasty Parmesan.
• Loaded Burbank “Skins:” Marlow’s version of classic potato skins, with mozzarella, provolone, applewood-smoked bacon, parslied oil and horseradish cream.
In addition, the following craft beers are featured on the Burgers & Brews menu:
• Oskar Blues Pinner Throwback IPA: Drinkable IPA that uses eight varieties of hops, with tropical fruits, citrus juices and spice berry.
• Sierra Nevada Otra Vez: Light and thirst-quenching with tangy fruit.
• Eventide Kölsch Ale: Light and refreshing, with a crisp finish.
• Wild Heaven Emergency Drinking Beer: A one-of-a-kind session beer reminiscent of a crisp pilsner married with a traditional gose.
• Red Hare Radler SPF: A light, refreshing blend of Gangway IPA and our house-brewed sparkling grapefruit soda.
Last but not least, social media-savvy guests can vie to win a $100 gift card via Marlow’s Big Burger Bite contest. Guests should post pictures of themselves taking a big bite out of a Marlow’s burger and use the hashtag #MarlowsBurgerBite on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter to enter.
About Marlow’s Tavern
Marlow’s Tavern is a neighborhood restaurant and gathering place, offering guests classic American tavern fare with an upscale twist. Open for lunch and dinner daily, the Marlow’s Tavern in Tampa is located in Village Center, 13134 N. Dale Mabry Hwy, in the heart of Carrollwood. Marlow’s Tavern was established in November 2004 in Alpharetta, Georgia, and has continued to grow over the years, adding several Atlanta-area and Orlando locations. For more information, visit marlowstavern.com.