Rowing and Paddling Competition Takes Place Saturday, June 11
WHO: Florida Sports Foundation
WHAT: Florida Sunshine State Games is an Olympic-style festival program created for amateur athletes of all ages and skill levels throughout the state. Whether a novice or an expert, the Sunshine State Games offers diverse sports competition to suit the competitive needs of all Floridians. The Sunshine State Games is the nation’s longest standing competition of its kind.
WHEN: Saturday, June 11, 2016
Paddling: 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. Rowing: 9:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
WHERE: Nathan Benderson Park 5851 Nathan Benderson Park Circle
Sarasota, FL 34235
MEDIA CONTACT: Melissa Mitchell
Marketing and Communications Manager
SANCA at Nathan Benderson Park
For more information, please visit: http://nathanbendersonpark.org/
The Suncoast Aquatic Nature Center, Inc. (SANCA), is a not-for-profit business created to manage Nathan Benderson Park, a community/public asset and world class, multi-use sports venue. Its mission is to improve the quality of life for our community and be an economic generator for the Sarasota-Bradenton area. SANCA’s primary purpose is to develop and promote Nathan Benderson Park as a world class event center, team training site and Sarasota County Park, while providing outreach programs through recreation, safety training, education and volunteering as a service to our community.
ABOUT THE FLORIDA SPORTS FOUNDATION
The Florida Sports Foundation, Inc. is a 501(C) 3 non-profit corporation, serving as the Sports Industry Development Division of Enterprise Florida, Inc. The mission of the Florida Sports Foundation is to:
- Assist Florida’s communities with securing, hosting and retaining sporting events and sports related business that generate significant economic impact and sports-related tourism for the state of Florida through the Foundation’s grant programs, legislative initiatives and Industry Partner service, recognition and development.
- Provide the citizens of Florida with participation opportunities in Florida’s Sunshine State Games and Florida Senior Games events.
- Serve as Florida’s leading resource for Sport Tourism research and facts.
- Assist in the promotion of targeted leisure sport industries in Florida.
- Assist National and Florida State Governing Bodies to promote amateur sport development through Florida’s Sunshine State Games and hosting events in Florida.