Florida-based homeowners insurer Edison Insurance Company is here to help its policyholders who were affected by Tropical Storm Colin. The company is focused on handling claims and assisting homeowners so their lives can be back to normal as soon as possible.
“Our policyholders are our top priority and we want them to know we can assist with any questions they have,” said Stacey Giulianti, Esq., Edison’s Chief Legal Officer. “Whether it’s a hurricane or a tropical storm, we are here to help them through the claims process.”
Edison Insurance Company recommends any homeowners who experienced damage from the storm contact their insurance company right away. Edison policyholders who have questions about the claims process, or need to make a claim, should follow these important steps:
• Report your claim immediately by calling our toll-free claims number: (888) 683-7971
• If safe to do so, make temporary repairs as necessary to prevent further damage and protect your property
• If you are in need of water extraction, please contact one of our preferred vendors in your county.
• Take photos of the damage before making temporary repairs
• Keep detailed receipts and present them to our adjuster
ABOUT EDISON INSURANCE COMPANY
Edison Insurance Company, originally headquartered in St. Petersburg, Florida, was purchased by Boca Raton-based Florida Peninsula Insurance Company (FPI) in January of 2010. The company shares the same seasoned management team and managing general agency (MGA) with Florida Peninsula Insurance Company. Edison currently has $20 million in surplus and has received a Financial Stability Rating® of A-Exceptional from Demotech. To learn more about Edison Insurance Company please visit our website www.EdisonInsurance.com.