The Stiletto Sprint will be held on Saturday, April 2nd presented by Yard of Ale & MacDinton’s St. Pete. Kick up your heels clad in stilettos to raise funds for the Cure and end breast cancer at the Komen Florida Suncoast Stiletto Sprint. Runners, walkers and ALL footwear are welcome to participate! Sprint only 500 FEET in your Stilettos and compete for top finisher OR kick off your heels and STROLL in your sneakers, Stocks ‘n Socks or flip flops all while supporting a great cause! Kids 12 & under can participate in the Fairy Dust Dash and the first 50 registered online will receive a FREE TUTU compliments of The Flavor Run.
Tickets are $30 in advance or $35 at the door for the competitive Sprint or non-competitive Stroll. The kids Fairy Dust Dash is $10. If you’d like to attend this event you can purchase tickets online here: http://suncoast.info-komen.org/sprint2016
Date: Saturday, April 2, 2016
Location: Yard of Ale St. Pete
Schedule of events:
• 12-3:30pm- Check-in party, Yard of Ale St. Pete
• 4pm- Competitive Stiletto Sprint
• 4:15pm- Stiletto Stroll (non-competitive)
• 4:30pm- Kids Fairy Dust Dash (12 & under; *FREE tutu for the first 50 registered online compliments of The Flavor Run)
• 4:45pm- Awards presentation (1st place male, 1st place female; overall 2nd and 3rd place)
• 5pm-???- Kick off your heels for the High Heel Happy Hour at MacDinton’s & Yard of Ale with Stouts & Stilettos drink specials and an epic after-party!
• Stiletto Sprint/Stiletto Stroll, $30 in advance; $35 at the door
• Kids Fairy Dust Dash: $10 (+ *FREE TUTU!)
Buy tickets online: http://suncoast.info-komen.org/sprint2016
About the Florida Suncoast Affiliate-
The local Florida Suncoast Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure began in 1999 in Pinellas County and has expanded to a six-county area. The Florida Suncoast Affiliate’s service area is: Hillsborough, Manatee, Pasco, Pinellas, Polk and Sarasota counties.
To date, the Affiliate has raised over $10 million through various fundraising events such as the annual Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure. Up to 75% of funds raised are returned to the community through grants to non-profit organizations that are fighting to change the impact of breast cancer upon the women and families of the Florida Suncoast community, and 25% goes to the national Susan G. Komen for the Cure Research and Awards program. The Florida Suncoast Affiliate awards grants in the local community for non-duplicative breast health services to non-profit organizations to support a variety of programs providing breast health education, clinical breast exams, screening mammography, and diagnostic evaluations for the underserved.