TAMPA (Feb. 15, 2016) – Starting Tuesday, Feb. 16 and lasting for six weeks, Marlow’s Tavern is bringing a tempting taste of the Big Easy to area diners with its annual Bayou ‘n Bourbon menu.
“I have always been impressed by Louisiana’s rich culinary heritage, which draws on French, German, Spanish, African and Native American influences,” said Alan Palmieri, co-owner and partner of Marlow’s Tavern. “We’ve been letting the good times roll in our kitchen creating appetizers, entrées and cocktails that show off that unique blend of flavors from New Orleans with a Marlow’s twist. Let’s just say we’re throwing our own parade for the palate.”
To kick up the spice another notch, Palmieri’s team has added Classic Creole seasoning from Woodstock, Georgia-based GG’s Fine Food to several of its recipes. “Linda “GG” Gibson learned to cook Creole the old-fashioned way – from her grandmother,” Palmieri says. “Her seasonings are very traditional in the classic Louisiana style.”
When the Cajun craving strikes, the Bayou ‘n Bourbon menu is ready and waiting for lunch and dinner. New items on this year’s menu include the following:
• Bayou Lump Crab Dip – Creole-spiced lump crab, andouille, spicy mustard, Asiago, Parmesan crust and toasty French baguette
• N’awlins-Style Po’ Boy – fiery spiced red fish, apple-cabbage slaw, shredded lettuce, Roma tomato and Creole rémoulade on toasted baguette
• “The Big Easy” Muffaletta – imported mortadella, Genoa salami, spicy capicola, GG’s secret recipe olive salad, melting provolone on pressed ciabatta bread
• Sweet Bourbon St. Rib-eye – blackened Jack Daniel’s Honey-blazed rib-eye, jumbo asparagus and a creamy crawfish pie
Marlow’s signatures favorites include: Roasted Chicken & Shrimp Gumbo; Daily Flatbread From The Bayou P.D.; Deconstructed Jambalaya and Honey Bourbon Bread Pudding.
For guests who prefer to be spirited away New Orleans-style, Marlow’s has crafted a special menu of drinks and cocktails, which includes the following:
• “Pat’s” Marlow’s Hurricane – a New Orleans tradition stolen from Pat O’Brien’s. His secret recipe all “jazzed up” with Bacardi light rum, fresh orange juice and a floater of Bacardi. Hold onto your beads!
• Bourbon Rum Punch – Old Forester, Meyer’s Dark Rum, vanilla, cream & nutmeg
• Bourbon Street Lemonade – house-made New Orleans original, Southern Comfort, lemonade, kiss of mint, fresh lemon & lime and a dash of simple syrup
• Sokol Blosser Evolution, Oregon 16th Edition – unique blend of nine different white grapes, produced and bottled in Oregon with hand-selected Oregon, Washington & California fruit, bright straw, exotic tropical citrus, hints of spicy apple with lush, crisp, bright finish
• ABITA® Turbodog-Draught – Turbodog Dark Brown Ale brewed with pale, caramel, chocolate malts and Willamette hops, rich flavors, perfect partner for all things Cajun! ABV: 5.6
• ABITA® Wrought Iron IPA-Bottle – Abita Wrought Iron IPA is the resilient, indestructible nature of New Orleans. India Pale Ale forged with intensity of apollo, equinox and mosaic hops, bright as iron from a fiery forge, perfect for a night on the bayou! ABV: 6.9
During the celebration, enter for a chance to win a Big Easy getaway for the 2016 New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival. One lucky winner and a guest will receive two tickets to the festival on April 29-May 1 to see an eclectic lineup of musicians including Paul Simon, Neil Young + Promise of the Real, Stevie Wonder, Bonnie Raitt, Beck, Snoop Dogg, My Morning Jacket, and Los Lobos, along with three nights at The New Orleans Marriott hotel and transportation to the festival. Enter the sweepstakes on MarlowsTavern.com or by visiting the Carrollwood tavern at 13134 N. Dale Mabry Hwy.
While online between Feb. 19 and March 17, Marlow’s fans can enter their contact information on the tavern’s Facebook page for a chance to win the Bayou ‘n Bourbon sweepstakes. A grand prize winner will be randomly selected to win dinner for four ($100 value), with a second drawing for dinner for two ($50 value). Finally, Instagram users are encouraged to share their Bayou ‘n Bourbon experience and tag @marlowstavern. Lucky winners will have their image regrammed and receive a complimentary Honey Bourbon Bread Pudding.
About Marlow’s Tavern
Marlow’s Tavern is a neighborhood restaurant and gathering place, offering guests classic American tavern fare with an upscale twist. Open for lunch and dinner daily, the Marlow’s Tavern in Tampa is located in Village Center, 13134 N. Dale Mabry Hwy, in the heart of Carrollwood. Marlow’s Tavern was established in November 2004 in Alpharetta, Georgia, and has continued to grow over the years, adding several Atlanta-area and Orlando locations. For more information, visit marlowstavern.com.