Monday, February 22
• 10:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. – Business card clinic in the School of Business building lobby (atrium). All students registering will receive free business cards.
• 1:30 p.m. – Northwestern Mutual workshop in TECO Hall. Attendees will hear from a recruiting professional about the best practices for winning the “résumé game.”
Tuesday, February 23
• 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. – Drop-in advising in the Student Activities Building, Room 203.
• 2-3:30 p.m. – Mock interview workshop in TECO Hall. Students will practice their interviewing skills during this simulated session with faculty, Career Planning staff, and Saint Leo MBA students.
Wednesday, February 24
• 4:30 p.m.-5:30 p.m. – Dress for Success in the Greenfelder-Denlinger Boardrooms. The fourth annual fashion show will illustrate to students that while they don’t have to wear a lifeless uniform, there are wardrobe mistakes they cannot make.
Thursday, February 25
• 11 a.m.-1 p.m. – Career Fair with Saint Leo Career Planning in the lobby and on the sidewalk (loggia) of the business building. Students will have the opportunity to network and learn about internship and career possibilities.
• 3-6 p.m. – Pasco Economic Development Council’s SMARTstart Challenge Business Pitch and the finals of the student business plan competition in TECO Hall.
The field of four student finalists (narrowed from 17), will pitch their business plan in a Shark Tank-style format. The SMARTstart Challenge will feature local entrepreneurs competing for a cash prize and a six-month membership in the SMARTstart Pasco business incubator.
“Business and Career Week is a series of free events presented by the Donald R. Tapia School of Business faculty and Career Services staff in support of Saint Leo students,” said Dr. Adam Shoemaker, associate professor of Management and Human Resource Management at Saint Leo University. “Our students are encouraged to attend these events to sharpen their skills for their upcoming career search.”
For more information, contact Dr. Adam Shoemaker at (352) 588-8006 or email@example.com.
Tweet the events on Twitter: #SLUBizWeek