It’s that time of year when The Salvation Army begins work for the upcoming holiday season, and this is our all call for local volunteers! In 2014;
- The Salvation Army provided groceries for 1,374 families.
- Provided 3,881 children with Christmas gifts.
- Provided a pre-school program for 135 homeless children.
- Provided a safe place to stay for 125 homeless families.
- Assisted 119 families pay rent and utilities.
- Provided after school tutoring to 55 homeless children.
With needs expected to rise this year, The Salvation Army is counting on this community to serve as Volunteers! There are many ways that individuals and organizations can get involved. A few examples are:
- Bell Ringing (The iconic Red Bells in front of local merchants during the holidays)
- Adopt Angels from Angel Tree (Christmas tree with a list of children in need. You choose “Angels” to provide gifts)
- Adopt-A-Family (You choose a family in need to provide gifts)
- Stuff-A-Stocking (We provide the stocking; you provide the stuffing for a child in need)
Please contact our Skylar Harrison, Volunteer Coordinator for more information (863) 940-9290 or email@example.com