SARASOTA, FLORIDA – Sample Sarasota, an evening foodie market held monthly in downtown Sarasota, is gaining momentum. Launched last month, the event will be held the fourth Thursday of every month at Mandeville Beer Garden, allowing the public to have a farmer’s market experience during the cooler twilight hours of 5 to 9 p.m.
The August 27 event will add several new vendors offering free samples and products for sale. Sip on a pint of locally crafted beer while sampling locally produced food from restaurants, bakeries, farms, food producers and other local businesses.
“The first event was an absolute success,” said spokesperson Christopher Austin. “Guests loved the relaxed atmosphere of the beer garden and the opportunity engage with the vendors…. and the free samples, of course.”
Sample Sarasota is presented by the Central Sarasota Farmer’s Market, Geraldson Community Farm and Edible Sarasota. Mandeville Beer Garden is located at 428 N. Lemon Avenue in downtown Sarasota.
The August 27 line-up includes:
• Tapas and Fun authentic Spanish food
• SaraFresh organic cold-pressed juice, superfood smoothies and juice cleanses
• Brooklyn Biscuit Tortoni frozen Italian dessert, made with heavy cream, custard and meringue, topped with cookie crumbs and a cherry
• ArTea Store teas from around the world
• Cheesecake Me! Desserts
• Geraldson Community Farm organic produce
• New York Slice Company hand-tossed, New York style pizza, pastas, subs, calzones, strombolis and more
• Slow Foods Kitchen raw foods
• Sugar Cubed Bakery pastries, coffee and teas
• Sunshine Canning jams, jellies and pickles
• White Picket Produce locally grown, organic produce
• Sher’s Really Yummy, All Natural Homemade Chocolate Syrup
• Peacecorn popcorn in a variety of flavors including Cravin Cajun, Cheesin’ Cheddar, Happy Hippy Honey Cinnamon, Poppin’ Powdered Sugar and Groovin’ Garlic
For an up-to-date list of vendors, please visit samplesarasota.com. For information about Sample Sarasota sponsorship opportunities, please contact Christopher Austin at (941) 726-4391 or caustin@SampleSarasota.com. Are you interested in becoming a vendor? Please fill out the vendor application at www.samplesarasota.com/sample-sarasota-vendor-application.html.