Open Call to Tampa Bay Area Artists for Beautiful Worries
Deadline for submission is Friday, July 31
Local personal injury law firm, Kinney, Fernandez & Boire, P.A. is seeking artists for an exhibition that will
benefit Make-A-Wish® Central and Northern Florida. Members of the local arts community are invited to submit pieces of
custom artwork to be displayed for one night only, Saturday, August 29 at District 3 in downtown Tampa. The exhibition theme celebrates life’s “Beautiful
Worries.” The design intent is to embody the many, many, little, tiny worries that we all have in our lives. Like “Do I drink too much caffeine?” or “Did I
remember to close the garage door this morning?” If those are the biggest worries you have to deal with, then perhaps it’s not all that bad.
The exhibition aims to recognize these little worries, and then illustrate them beautifully with any interpretation from the artists. Artists can utilize
any medium, including painting, photography, mixed media, sculpture, printmaking, typography, letterpress, etc. Artists will receive a 65 percent
commission from the sale of their work.
In addition, a small area of the venue will be dedicated to displaying artwork specially crafted by Make-A-Wish® children, and available for purchase. 100
percent of the overall proceeds from this event will be donated to Make-A-Wish® Central and Northern Florida.
To be considered for this exhibition, please submit images of up to three (3) pieces that would be entered in the show. If you have not created the piece
yet, please include images of examples of your work and a concept sketch.
Artists will be notified of their acceptance on or before August 7, 2015. If accepted, a representative will follow up with additional details.
• July 1, 2015 – Website open for submissions
• July 31, 2015 – All digital submissions due
• August 7, 2015 – Artists will be notified of acceptance into the exhibition
• August 29, 2015 – Night of show
• Artists may submit up to three (3) fully completed works of art
• Artwork must be original
• Size restrictions:
• Hung submissions can be no larger than 4 feet by 3 feet and weigh no more than 7 pounds
• Sculpture weight limit is 50 pounds
• Art will be hung
• Sculpture displayed on pedestals
• Artwork that is offensive, sexual or of subversive nature will not be accepted
• Artwork theme cannot be of a medical nature
To apply, please complete the submission form and include JPG images of up to three
(3) pieces to be considered for the show. If the piece has not been created yet, artists may submit examples of work along with a concept sketch. Images and application must be RECEIVED BY 5 p.m. EST on July 31, 2015.