Hudson, Florida (December 26, 2014) – Once again Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point’s staff, physicians and volunteers collaborated to provide 85 families including over 200 children, with holiday baskets of gifts, food, and many extras. The referrals came from five schools and one social agency. The hospital also helped some of its own that were having difficulty.
A special thank you to this year’s committee: Elaine Snee, Helen Machie, Melanie Schmitt, Jill Corriveau, Joe Menard, Chaplain Jack Long…and many others.
Members of the committee and helpers pose for a group photo after the drive.
Back row: Santa (Brad Eastmond), David Roest, Chris Drain, Chaplain Long, Melanie Schmitt. Front row: Jennifer Johnson, Helen Machie, Elaine Snee
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet has been serving the community since 1981. We are a 290-bed acute care hospital located in Hudson, FL and home of the nationally acclaimed Heart Institute. We have more than 350 physicians, 1,264 employees and 500 volunteers on our integrated healthcare delivery team.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
· Level II Trauma Center
· Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI by the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care.
· 2010, 2011, and 2013 Top Performing Hospital for Key Quality Measures for heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, and surgical care – The Joint Commission
· Certified Advance Primary Stroke Center – Joint Commission
· Heart & Stroke Champions Award Winner 1998 – 2011
· MRI, CT, Ultrasound, and Nuclear Medicine Accredited – American College of Radiology
· Approved Community Cancer Program – American College of Surgeons.
· 5 Joint Commission Disease-Specific Certifications: primary stroke center, acute myocardial infarction, coronary artery bypass graft, joint replacement hip, joint replacement knee!
· Awarded Hospital Safety Score of “A” in FIVE consecutive rankings by The Leapfrog Group.
· Recipient of the 2014 American Heart Association (AHA)/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines® Gold Performance Achievement Award in stroke.
· Awarded full Atrial Fibrillation Certification status from the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care (SCPC).
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is located at 14000 Fivay Road, Hudson, FL. 34667. For additional information on Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point visit www.rmchealth.com or www.heartoftampa.com or visit us on Facebook.