What: Crisis Center of Tampa Bay has been named a finalist in 2 categories in the 2015 WEDU Be More Awards.
Who: Crisis Center of Tampa Bay (www.crisiscenter.com)
Why: Each year, the Be More Awards celebrate the human spirit and showcase the best work by nonprofit organizations, and the individuals that support them.
Contact: Ken Gibson at 813-410-4129 or email@example.com
TAMPA, FL – (December 23rd, 2014) – The Crisis Center of Tampa Bay (www.crisiscenter.com) announced today that is has been named a finalist in two categories in the 2015 WEDU Be More Awards.
The Crisis Center’s “Drop an F-Bomb” human trafficking awareness campaign was nominated in the “Be More Informed” category, an award that recognizes the execution of creative and results-driven original marketing campaigns.
A Crisis Center video, “Ashley & Nicole’s Story”, was nominated in the “Be More Relevant” category, an award that recognizes when an organization creates a video that has the power to compel someone to seek services, volunteer time, or support an organization financially.
The Drop an F-Bomb campaign was created in conjunction with the Dunn&Co advertising agency and the Florida Coalition Against Human Trafficking. It aims to alert teens to the danger of human trafficking & prostitution in the Tampa Bay area. More information about the campaign can be found at www.droppingfbombs.com
The video, “Ashley & Nicole’s Story”, tells the story of a teenage girl who finds help at the Crisis Center of Tampa Bay after being sexually assaulted by her step-brother. The video can be viewed at the following location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eh-iEv2Dajg&list=UUZnJAtrpnwqzbshb9AtV9SA
The WEDU Be More Awards will take place on Thursday, February 12th at A La Carte Pavilion in Tampa.
About Crisis Center of Tampa Bay
The Crisis Center of Tampa Bay is Tampa Bay’s elite provider of crisis and trauma services. Responding to over 183,000 requests for help each year, the nonprofit agency offers a range of evidenced based programs designed to meet community needs:
• Corbett Trauma Center (individual, family & group trauma counseling and research)
• Sexual Assault Services (forensic exams, advocacy, empowerment and prevention services)
• Family Stabilization (financial education and case management for working families)
• Child and Family Safety (case management, advocacy, financial literacy, parent and child mentoring and education focused on keeping families intact through risk reduction and reducing barriers to educational success of children)
•Community Outreach and Training (community response and training)
• 2-1-1 Contact Center(suicide prevention, crisis counseling and information & referral services)
• TransCare (9-1-1 emergency and mental health ambulance services, medical van transportation)
For more information regarding The Crisis Center of Tampa Bay, please visit www.crisiscenter.com