BRANDON, FL – The Greater Brandon Chamber of Commerce seeks an energetic, self-motivated professional with experience and success in managing a chamber or business organization, to fill the position of Executive Director. This is a full time position. The salary is negotiable and includes performance incentives. The Greater Brandon Chamber of Commerce is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
· The Executive Director may come from a variety of leadership experiences, including having served in an executive capacity in another chamber, a not-for-profit organization, a private sector business, or governmental agency.
· Wherever experience has been gained, it is imperative that this Executive Director posses the leadership, motivational and diplomatic skills necessary to manage and enhance the growth potential and excellence of the organization.
· A Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field is desired or a minimum of 5 years of experience in business or community environment.
· Ability to develop and maintain personal relationships at the highest corporate and community leadership levels
· Strong management skills with the ability to build relationships
· Proficient computer skills (including database, word processing, e-mail, and internet)
· Ability to convey enthusiasm and convert energy into productiveness
· Knowledge of basic accounting
· Strong negotiation skills
· Must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills to deal with the public
· Build and maintain long-term, productive relationships with members of the Chamber
· Supervise and manage staff
· Communicate, as required, with the executive committee and board of directors and provide assistance when requested
· Monitor the financial status of the Chamber (including, but not limited to, approving all purchases, approving payroll, monitoring income, monitoring bank account balances, and ensuring that invoices are paid in a timely manner
· Oversee and approve draft of budget for presentation to the board of directors
· Monitor annual budget for designated committees, councils, task forces and events.
· Ensure that the timelines for administrative functions are followed (including, but not limited to, board and officer elections, budget preparation, and yearly audit) according to the By-laws and Policy & Procedure guide
· Work with Board to develop the yearly Program of Action
· Monitor committees, councils, and task forces to ensure that the Program of Action is accomplished
· Monitor sales and production of internet and other advertising opportunities offered by the Chamber
· Monitor membership recruitment and retention
· Monitor program implementation and sponsorships
· Attend functions and events of the Greater Brandon Chamber of Commerce
· Serve as an adviser on the finance committee
· Serve as a designated spokesman for the organization (in addition to the chairman)
· Represent the Greater Brandon Chamber of Commerce at ceremonial, governmental, business, and community events, in conjunction with the board of directors
· Assist the chairman in the appointment of committee chairs
Other: Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Committee
· Cover Letter
· Chronological resume
· Minimum salary requirements
· Two work or business related references and two community related references
To submit your resume with supporting documents via mail:
The Greater Brandon Chamber of Commerce, 330 Pauls Drive, Brandon, Florida 33511. Attn: Executive Search Committee
To submit via email: Aaaron@brandonchamber.com, Subject: Executive Search Committee
Application deadline is Wednesday, December 17, 2014. No phone calls will be accepted