Hudson, Florida (November 14, 2014) – Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point announces that it has been awarded full Atrial Fibrillation Certification status from the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care (SCPC). It is one of several of HCA’s Afib and Heart Rhythm Centers to be certified.
“This certification involves rigorous evaluation of every stop along the continuum of care, to ensure we’ve implemented the latest in evidence-based best practices,” said Julie Lallanilla, VP of Cardiac Services at Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point.
“Atrial fibrillation affects nearly five million Americans, and can increase the risk of stroke fivefold – so when the SCPC launched the program, we jumped at the chance to ensure we’re doing what we can to enhance the quality of life for our patients,” said Shayne George, CEO of Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point. “This is one more indication that we are walking the walk in our commitment to our mission, vision and values statement,” he added.
Key areas in which a facility with Atrial Fibrillation Certification must demonstrate expertise include the following:
· Emergency Department Integration with Emergency Medical Services
· Emergency Assessment of Patients with Atrial Fibrillation
· Risk Stratification of the Atrial Fibrillation Patient
· Treatment for Patients Presenting to the Emergency Department in Atrial Fibrillation
· Atrial Fibrillation Discharge Criteria from the Emergency Department, Observation Services, or Inpatient Stay
· Atrial Fibrillation Patient Education in the Emergency Department, Observation Services, and Inpatient Unit
· Personnel, Competencies and Training
· Process Improvement
· Organizational Structure and Commitment
· Atrial Fibrillation Community Outreach
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet has been serving the community since 1981. We are a 290-bed acute care hospital located in Hudson, FL and home of the nationally acclaimed Heart Institute. We have more than 350 physicians, 1,264 employees and 500 volunteers on our integrated healthcare delivery team.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
· Level II Trauma Center
· 2011 and 2012 Top Performing Hospital for Key Quality Measures for heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, and surgical care – The Joint Commission
· Certified Advance Primary Stroke Center – Joint Commission
· Heart & Stroke Champions Award Winner 1998 – 2011
· MRI, CT, Ultrasound, and Nuclear Medicine Accredited – American College of Radiology
· Approved Community Cancer Program – American College of Surgeons.
· 5 Joint Commission Disease-Specific Certifications: primary stroke center, acute myocardial infarction, coronary artery bypass graft, joint replacement hip, joint replacement knee!
· Awarded Hospital Safety Score of “A” in four consecutive rankings by The Leapfrog Group.
· Recipient of the 2014 American Heart Association (AHA)/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines® Gold Performance Achievement Award in stroke.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is located at 14000 Fivay Road, Hudson, FL. 34667. For additional information on Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point visit www.rmchealth.com or www.heartoftampa.com or visit us on Facebook.