Looking for an original way to spend Thanksgiving?
A number of Sarasota Manatee Originals member restaurants are ready to make your Thanksgiving celebration effortless.
(Sarasota-Manatee) Want to experience something deliciously different this Thanksgiving? Celebrate southwest Florida’s culinary distinctiveness by spending T-Day at one of the region’s independently owned restaurants.
“I always receive phone calls inquiring which Originals restaurants will be open on Thanksgiving,” says Kate Atkin, executive director of The Sarasota-Manatee Originals (SMO), a trade organization comprised of more than 50 independent restaurants. “If you want to skip the cooking and the cleaning, support local businesses and enjoy an inspired Thanksgiving feast, go with an Original!”
Atkin urges foodies to make their reservations sooner than later. “You’ll find Thanksgiving menus and details on each of the participating restaurants’ websites,” she says.
Below is a listing of Originals restaurants that are open on Thanksgiving Day:
- 15 South Ristorante: 941-388-1555; www.15southristorante.com
- The Bijou Cafe: 941-366-8111; www.bijoucafe.net
- The Broken Egg: 941-922-2868; www.thebrokenegg.com
- Cafe Gabbiano: 941-349-1423; www.cafegabbiano.com
- Cafe L’Europe: 941-388-4415; www.cafeleurope.net
- Cafe Venice: 941-484-1855; www.cafeveniceontheisland.com
- Cedar Reef Fish Camp (Bradenton): 941-896-9656; www.cedarreef.com
- Cedar Reef Fish Camp (Venice); 941-451-8564; www.cedarreef.com
- Duval’s: 941-312-4001; www.duvalsfreshlocalseafood.com
- Euphemia Haye (941) 383-3633 www.euphemiahaye.com
- Gulf Drive Cafe & Tiki: 941-778-1919; www.gulfdrivetiki.com
- Harry’s Continental Kitchens: 941-383-0777; www.harryskitchen.com
- Michael’s On East: 941-366-0007; www.bestfood.com
- PIER 22 Restaurant: 941-748-8087; www.pier22dining.com
- Polo Grill & Bar: 941-782-0899; www.pologrillandbar.com
- Roessler’s: 941-966-5688; www.roesslersrestaurant.com
For more information about The Sarasota-Manatee Originals, visit www.dineoriginal.com.
About the Sarasota-Manatee Originals
The Sarasota-Manatee Originals is a not-for-profit trade organization founded in 2003. Together, more than 50 locally-owned, independent restaurants throughout Sarasota and Manatee counties work collaboratively to celebrate and promote the creative cuisine of the region, from unique quick service eateries and waterfront family restaurants to award-winning fine dining establishments. Passionate member restaurateurs work together to produce community events, optimize cooperative marketing efforts and develop synergistic partnerships among members as they focus on preserving the culinary heritage of the region. With more Florida Trend and Zagat top-scoring restaurants within a 20-mile radius of downtown Sarasota than any other area in the Florida, the Sarasota-Manatee Originals is dedicated to sharing the area’s vibrant culinary scene with the world. For more information, call 941-365-2800 or visit www.dineoriginal.com.