Hudson, Florida (November 10, 2014) – Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has announced its recipients of its third quarter volunteer Five Star Awards. The awards were presented on October 31 at the Rao Musunuru MD Conference Center. The recipients of the Five Star Award were Karen Vinecour, Lorainne Salzano and Elizabeth Arcari.
Karen Vinecour started volunteering in April, 2009 and currently has more than 8,100 service hours. As a greeter and chairperson Karen is always ready to help including training of new greeters. She has made several suggestions to improve service and willingly accepts all jobs assigned to her. Karen is always polite and courteous, has a positive attitude, and is a joy to be around. She provides excellent customer service to patients, guests and co-workers.
Lorainne Salzano started to volunteer in October 2008 and has 1,618 hours. Lorraine is a Courier on Tuesdays and Thursdays and a team leader as well. She takes her position seriously and does an excellent job training new volunteers and making sure everyone knows their responsibilities. Lorainne is very kind and considerate of our patients, visitors and other volunteers, and always wears a smile that puts everyone at ease and is a delight to work with.
Elizabeth Arcari started volunteering at RMCBP in October 1997 as a courier and has 2,551 hours of service. Elizabeth is friendly, kind and respectful not only with patients, families, and staff but with fellow volunteers as well. She greets everyone with a smile. Elizabeth rarely misses a day of work and is willing to take on an extra shift with short notice when asked. She is a very honest, sincere, helpful and dependable person.
Attached Photo:, Left to Right: Elliott Lorenzi, President Volunteer Association; Karen Vinecour , Lorainne Salzano, Elizabeth Arcari, Donna Owen, Manager Volunteer Services.
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet has been serving the community since 1981. We are a 290-bed acute care hospital located in Hudson, FL and home of the nationally acclaimed Heart Institute. We have more than 350 physicians, 1,264 employees and 500 volunteers on our integrated healthcare delivery team.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
· Level II Trauma Center
· 2011 and 2012 Top Performing Hospital for Key Quality Measures for heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, and surgical care – The Joint Commission
· Certified Advance Primary Stroke Center – Joint Commission
· Heart & Stroke Champions Award Winner 1998 – 2011
· MRI, CT, Ultrasound, and Nuclear Medicine Accredited – American College of Radiology
· Approved Community Cancer Program – American College of Surgeons.
· 5 Joint Commission Disease-Specific Certifications: primary stroke center, acute myocardial infarction, coronary artery bypass graft, joint replacement hip, joint replacement knee!
· Awarded Hospital Safety Score of “A” in four consecutive rankings by The Leapfrog Group.
· Recipient of the 2014 American Heart Association (AHA)/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines® Gold Performance Achievement Award in stroke.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is located at 14000 Fivay Road, Hudson, FL. 34667. For additional information on Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point visit www.rmchealth.com or www.heartoftampa.com or visit us on Facebook.