Spring Hill, Florida (November 7, 2014) – The Crescent Community Clinic, Hernando Diabetes Alliance and Oak Hill Hospital will collaborate to hold a free Healthy Lifestyles Conference on Saturday, November 15, 2014 at the SunTech Education Center at Nature Coast Technical High School, 4057 California Street, Brooksville, FL 34604.
Oak Hill Hospital Chief Executive Officer, Mickey Smith, FACMPE (Fellow of the American College of Medical Practice Executives), FACHE (Fellow of the American College of Healthcare Executives), FHFMA (Fellow of the Healthcare Financial Management Association) will be the keynote speaker. Mr. Smith has recently been elected Vice Chair of the Medical Group Management Association for 2014-2015.
Check in time for the conference will be 8 am. Keynote speaker Mickey Smith, Oak Hill Hospital CEO, will begin the conference and closing remarks will be at 1 pm. There is no charge; however, registration is required. To register, call 352-597-6333 in Hernando or 352-628-6060 in Citrus or go to OakHillHospital.com/ForYourHealth. Seating is limited and a complimentary continental breakfast will be served.
The conference will feature a wide range of over 20 very informative healthy lifestyles workshops. Those who will attend will learn to optimize their body’s potential. They will learn to manage:
Attendees will also be able to participate in:
· Blood pressure readings
· Flu shots
· Glucose readings – best to be fasting if possible for most accurate results
· Pulse OX readings
· Smoking cessation—must request when registering for the conference
Attached photo: Mickey Smith
About the Hernando Diabetes Alliance
The Hernando Diabetes Alliance (HDA) offers the community a one-stop diabetes resource. Hernando County now has one central number and website to go for information for everything that is needed for those who have been diagnosed with diabetes or those with pre-diabetes.
The HDA one-stop toll free number is 855-221-5031 or to go HernandoDiabetes.com.
HDA brings all the individualized efforts into one alliance of focused, committed healthcare professionals
Members of the Hernando Diabetes Alliance include: Access Health Care, Crescent Clinic, Florida Medical Association, Hernando County Health Department, Hernando County School Board, Hernando Medical Alliance, Hernando Medical Society, Hernando Today, NutriTutor, Oak Hill Hospital, Tampa Tribune, The Visual Spectrum, WWJB AM/WXJB FM, The Hernando County Family YMCA, Walgreen’s Drug Stores.
Crescent Community Clinic is a member of the Community Health Improvement Plan Partnership (CHIPP, Inc.).
The Hernando County’s Community Health Improvement Plan Partnership is a newly formed 501(c)(3) organization whose mission is “A networking forum for education and information to improve the health of people in Hernando County.” Its purpose is to implement the community health improvement plan. The plans are in collaboration between Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and the University of Wisconsin Population Health Institute, which measures every county in the United States. Health factors that influence the health of a county are: health behaviors, clinical care, social and economic factors and physical environment. Hernando County ranks 50th out of 67 counties.
About Crescent Community Clinic
In 2008, a group of dedicated physicians had a vision to create a 501c3 nonprofit organization to provide the uninsured, indigent and underserved Hernando County residents ages 18 to 64 with access to healthcare for chronic health conditions. Since then the clinic has grown to provide palliative dental care, behavioral health therapy and expanded chronic health services. Staffed by volunteer physicians, dentists, therapists and nurse practitioners the clinic has had over 1800 face to face patient visits just in 2014. These services have greatly reduced the use of emergency rooms for non-emergent care and saved thousands of dollar in hospital charity care.
Crescent Community Clinic, 5244 Commercial Way, Spring Hill 34606 is open weekdays except Thursday from 9 am to 3 pm. For eligibility or information go to www.crescentclinic.org.
Visit the Oak Hill Hospital newsroom for recent releases: www.OakHillHospital.com/About/Newsroom/
About Oak Hill Hospital:
Oak Hill Hospital has been serving the Nature Coast since 1984. It is the largest medical facility in Hernando and Citrus Counties (262 acute care beds), is the area’s largest private employer, and offers Hernando County’s only comprehensive cardiovascular program, including open heart surgery. Approximately 370 physicians, almost 1100 associates, and over 250 volunteers comprise Oak Hill Hospital’s healthcare delivery team.
Oak Hill has demonstrated its healthcare leadership by achieving distinction as the:
· First hospital in the area to offer a Graduate Medical Education (GME) program with a residency in internal medicine.
· First hospital in the area to offer an on-site critical care intensivist program to provide 24/7 on-site intensive care in the 36 bed ICU of the hospital’s North Tower.
· First and only open heart surgery hospital in Hernando County.
· First hospital in our region to receive the Women’s Choice Award for Emergency Care Excellence by WomenCertified, home of the Women’s Choice Awards.
· First accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI (heart catheterization) and the first hospital in the area to achieve heart failure accreditation by the Society of Chest Pain Centers.
· First and only advanced level primary stroke center in Hernando County to be fully accredited by The Joint Commission.
· First comprehensive Women’s Imaging Center in Hernando County and the first imaging center offering digital mammography with computer-aided detection.
· First hospital in the area to be recognized as an accredited cancer institute by the Commission on Cancer (CoC) of the American College of Surgeons (ACoS).
· First hospital in the region to offer a comprehensive Orthopaedic & Spine Institute and first to achieve national certification by The Joint Commission for its hip & knee replacement and spinal fusion programs.
· First in the nation to have achieved 100% Board Certified Emergency Nurses, CENs, for which it was honored by the Emergency Nurses Association (ENA). Also recognized by the ENA as a two-time recipient of the Lantern Award. Only two hospitals in Florida and only 17 hospitals nationwide have earned this prestigious honor for exceptional and innovative leadership, practice, education, advocacy and research.
· Now offers the most advanced robotic assisted surgical system: the newly refined da Vinci® Si Surgical System.
· Named by The Joint Commission as one of the nation’s Top Performers on Key Quality Measures in Heart Attack, Heart Failure, Pneumonia, and Surgical Care.
It is located at 11375 Cortez Boulevard, Spring Hill, 1.9 miles east of US 19 on State Road 50. For more information about this release, please contact Richard W. Linkul, Director of Marketing, at 352-597-6383 or Richard.Linkul@HCAHealthcare.com. In Citrus call 352-628-6441. For more information about Oak Hill Hospital, visit our website at OakHillHospital.com, or like us on Facebook.