TAMPA (Oct. 23, 2014) — Visit Tampa Bay welcomed five new members to its Board of Directors on Thursday. They were elected during the organization’s Annual Meeting at the A La Carte Event Pavilion.
Joining the board for their first term are:
· Jeff Antonaccio, regional vice president of operations for McKibbon Hotel Management.
· Troy Manthey, owner of Yacht Starship Dining Cruises.
· Ron McAnaugh, general manager of the Marriott Waterside Hotel and Marina.
· Nabil Salloum, general manager of the Hilton Tampa Downtown.
· Deputy County Administrator Greg Horwedel, representing the Hillsborough County Commission.
Ken Anthony, principal of Affinity Insurance, took over as chairman of the board during the meeting. He succeeds Pam Avery, general manager of the Holiday Inn Tampa Westshore Airport.
Anthony joined Chair-elect Ed Fandel of the Auto Club Group and Secretary-Treasurer Paul Joseph of the Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay. Avery will remain on the board as a past chair.
Anthony told his fellow board members and those attending the lunch meeting that Visit Tampa Bay will carry forward the momentum gained during a record fiscal year 2014 as it works on its goal of “30 in 3” – reaching $30 million in bed taxes in the next three years. Reaching that goal will put Hillsborough County in the same league as Duval, Pinellas, Orange, Osceola, Volusia, Broward and Miami-Dade – Florida’s high-impact tourism counties.
Anthony also challenged audience members to do their part to build on Tampa Bay’s booming tourism growth by inviting their friends and family to come see what makes this region a gem to treasure.
“This is your town, be proud of it,” Anthony said. “Show it off to your far flung friends and family – just make sure they stay in a hotel when they’re here.”
Other members of the Visit Tampa Bay Board of Directors are:
· Joe Collier, MainSail Suites Hotel and Conference Center
· Jim Dean, Busch Gardens Tampa and Adventure Island
· Thom Stork, The Florida Aquarium
· Bob McDonaugh, City of Tampa mayor’s appointee
· Bob Passwaters, Provident Advertising/Marketing Inc.
· Bruce Narzissenfeld, Tampa Electric Co.
· Ron Alicandro, West Tampa Bay & Aqua
· Jim Bartholomay, Renaissance Tampa Hotel International Plaza
· Rob Canton, Tampa Bay Lightning
· Eric Hart, Tampa Bay Sports Authority
· Rob Higgins, Tampa Bay Sports Commission
· Joe Lopano, Tampa International Airport
· Ken Lucas, MOR-TV
· Bob Morrison, Hillsborough County Hotel Motel Association
· Danielle Seaberg, Grand Events of Florida LLC
ABOUT VISIT TAMPA BAY
Visit Tampa Bay leads the effort of economic development through tourism. The mission of Visit Tampa Bay is to create vibrant economic growth for the Tampa Bay area by selling and promoting the Tampa Bay destination. The independent not-for-profit organization represents more than 700 businesses throughout the area and works to ignite interest for Visiting Tampa Bay.