Hudson, Florida (October 23, 2014) – Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point announces that it has received the Silver Recognition Level by the Health Resources and Services Administration of the US Department of Health & Human Services.
The hospital was just informed by LifeLink of Florida that the award was in recognition of Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point’s organ donor registration efforts between June 2013 and May 2014. The hospital received the silver medal this year based on a point calculation. The National Donate Life Month scorecard was used to calculate the award. Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point worked closely with LifeLInk of Florida to educate and register new donors. Only 11 hospitals in Florida received any gold, silver or bronze recognition. Only four hospitals in Florida achieved the silver award level.
The “Hospital Organ Donation Campaign” was launched in June 2011 as a special effort of the Workplace Partnership For Life. Through the campaign, organ, eye, and tissue donation organizations work with hospitals to create engaging donation registration drives, social media campaigns, and other events to raise awareness and register donors with the hospital’s facilities and local community. The Workplace Partnership for Life initiative joins the US Department of Health & Human Services with the donation community to spread the word about the importance of organ, eye, tissue, blood and bone marrow donation and encourage the American public to register as donors.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point conducted a wide range of hospital communications programs and events to raise awareness of the need for the general public to register as donors. The hospital hosted various donor registry events in high traffic areas of the hospital, held a donation flag raising ceremony for its staff and the community at large, and ran a campaign of hospital public service announcements on their internal cable channel. Presentations about organ, eye and tissue donations were made; posters were displayed throughout the facility. The hospital even joined with an organ recipient who showed appreciation for staff efforts regarding the donation process.
Attached photo: Michelle Lee, Hospital Liaison of LifeLink of Florida presents the Silver Award to the Senior Leadership Team of RMCBP. Left to right: Linda Budzilek, VP Quality; Joseph Pino MD, Chief Medical Officer; Shalen Shah, COO, Michelle Lee, Shayne George, CEO; Tanya Simpson, CNO; Sherry Collins, Assistant CNO; Dajana Yoakley, Associate Administrator; Geoffrey Washburn, VP of Human Resources.
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet has been serving the community since 1981. We are a 290-bed acute care hospital located in Hudson, FL and home of the nationally acclaimed Heart Institute. We have more than 350 physicians, 1,264 employees and 500 volunteers on our integrated healthcare delivery team.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
- Level II Trauma Center
- 2011 and 2012 Top Performing Hospital for Key Quality Measures for heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, and surgical care – The Joint Commission
- Certified Advance Primary Stroke Center – Joint Commission
- Heart & Stroke Champions Award Winner 1998 – 2011
- MRI, CT, Ultrasound, and Nuclear Medicine Accredited – American College of Radiology
- Approved Community Cancer Program – American College of Surgeons.
- 5 Joint Commission Disease-Specific Certifications: primary stroke center, acute myocardial infarction, coronary artery bypass graft, joint replacement hip, joint replacement knee!
- Awarded Hospital Safety Score of “A” in four consecutive rankings by The Leapfrog Group.
- Recipient of the 2014 American Heart Association (AHA)/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines® Gold Performance Achievement Award in stroke.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is located at 14000 Fivay Road, Hudson, FL. 34667. For additional information on Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point visit www.rmchealth.com or www.heartoftampa.com or visit us on Facebook.