Major transformations have taken place at Tampa General for the convenience of our patients and visitors.
On Monday Oct. 20, TGH held a ribbon cutting of the newly renovated main entrance at the West Pavilion and its new Food Court.
Background On The Main Entrance:
• The former main entrance was constructed in 1986.
The new main entrance includes:
• A new covered patient discharge and pick-up area
• A covered loading/unloading area
• A new patient discharge lounge in the main lobby
• An enclosed valet station
• On average, 250 cars a day pull up to the main entrance
• Main Entrance architect was Healy & Partners
• Main Entrance Architect: Barton Mallow
Background On The Food Court
• The former Food Court was built in 1986 and updated in 1999
• The Food Court is open daily from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m.
• TGH serves up to 4-million meals a year to visitors, employees, and patients in the hospital and through our hospital-run Starbucks.
• Many healthy options will be available, including vegetarian and gluten-free choices and fresh juices and smoothies.
• An electronic, interactive menu board will highlight nutritional information for daily menu items.
• New food venues include: The Rotisserie featuring chicken, ribs and sides; The Italian Oven, featuring personal pizzas and a variety of regional dishes; and The Bayshore Grill which will offer fried cod sandwiches, shrimp baskets and more.
• Popular food areas are returning, including the Mixing Bowl which serves fresh, made-to-order salads and the TGH Deli featuring Boar’s Head products.
• The new Food Court was designed by Alfonso Architects and the construction was done by the TGH facilities staff.