Tickets for competitors are available at www.sarasotasupseries.com and admission is free to the public with activities, board demos, skateboard races, vendors and entertainment for all ages. Races start at 9:00 Am Saturday morning. Race personnel and vendors will be setting up Friday afternoon for media interested in pre-race interviews.
In addition, on Friday, October 10th from 5:00 – 8:00 pm there is a FREE and open to the public Stand Up Paddleboard Clinic, Board Demo and Pre-event Cocktail Party!
Open to the Public…anyone interested in learning to Stand Up Paddleboard for the first time, hone their paddling skills or try the newest in board technology is welcome to attend. Instructors shall be on hand to assist beginner paddlers and give advice to experienced paddlers in a relaxed and fun atmosphere. Representatives from Boga and Starboard Paddleboard Companies will also be present to allow paddlers to try their newest boards and paddles. Drinks shall be provided (for 21 and up) courtesy of Kona Brewing Company and Pap’s Pilar Rum.
Where: Sarasota Sailing Squadron, 1717 Ken Thompson Pkwy, Sarasota, FL 34236, (941) 388-2355
When: Free Pre-Event Friday, October 10th from 5:00 – 8:00 pm
Sarasota SUP Finale Races and water fun Saturday, October 11th from 8 AM to 3 PM
Events and Activities for the October 11 Sarasota SUP Series Race include:
· Elite 10 K Race, 5K Recreational Race, Grom 1 K Race
· “Dash For Cash” Sprint Races…winner of each division is handed $50 bill
· Lunch and SUP Sarasota Towels to all entries and Division Winners receive custom Camelback Water Bottle Trophies
· Raffle Prizes from Camelback, Kona, Go Puck, Tommy Bahama, Sports Authority, SUP Sarasota, The Compound Board Shop, NK SpeedCoach, Riviera, Starboard, Board Balance, etc.
· Over 12 Different Board manufacturers to demo the latest boards..and over 30 SUP related vendors to see and demo the top gear.
· Tommy Bahama Lounge with free appetizers and cocktails
· Red Bull and the Wing Team providing free samples and shade
· Kona Girls paddling the park giving out free Kona Brews and a Kona Cornhole Area where all are welcome to grab a partner and compete.
· Lazybunz Water Lounge, have some food, grab a beer and a Lazybunz Lounger and relax and listen to some tunes in the cool water!
Facebook Site: https://www.facebook.com/sarasotasupraceseries
Photos from the 2014 Sarasota SUP Series Benderson Park Race: https://www.facebook.com/schineller/media_set?set=a.10152338538913553.1073741875.699328552&type=3
Sponsors include Red Bull, Kona Brewing, Tommy Bahama, Conley Subaru, Sports Authority, Starboard,University Town Center, Ice Pods, Boga Paddleboards, Brown & Brown Insurance, Board Balance, Hovie SUP, State Farm, Gecko’s, Lazy Bunz, The Compound, SUPreme, TunaSkin, Perception Management, Heritage Family Chiropractic, Sweet Waterwear, Boga Yoga, Live Watersports, Chasers and the Sarasota County Sports Commission.
The races this year benefit Suncoast Waterkeeper, a non-profit environmental organization licensed in Florida dedicated to protecting and restoring the Florida Suncoast’s waterways through enforcement, fieldwork, advocacy, and environmental education.
For more information and to register go to http://www.SarasotaSUPSeries.com.