ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (Sept. 24, 2014) – On the heels of winning 40 Adrian Awards, the “Oscars” of the travel and hospitality industry early in the year, Paradise Advertising, Digital and Entertainment was celebrated during the 47th Annual Florida Governor’s Conference on Tourism at the Boca Raton Resort & Club on Monday night with a record 14 awards, including two of the three “Best in Show” prizes.
Named for Henry Flagler, the Flagler Awards were established in 2000 and recognize outstanding tourism marketing in Florida that improves the state’s position as one of the world’s top destinations. To win one award is considered an achievement, to win “Best in Show” awards for both Amelia Island Convention & Visitors Bureau and Seminole County Convention & Visitors Bureau highlights the agency’s depth and talent. Paradise also received six of the coveted Henry Awards and six additional silver Flagler Awards from VISIT FLORIDA for campaigns for Amelia Island CVB, Seminole County CVB, Naples, Marco Island, Everglades and Mote Marine Laboratory with accolades across all platforms of communications including digital, social media, television, outdoor and print advertising.
“This is a tribute to our forward thinking clients and our world-class talent that is blazing new trails in travel and hospitality marketing,” said Paradise CEO, Cedar Hames.
“We are honored that VISIT FLORIDA and our industry peers judged our work to be the most creative and effective,” added Larry Tolpin, President and Chief Creative Officer at Paradise. “Tourism is the lifeblood of Florida and to be recognized with 14 top awards reflects on our talent and dedication.”
As in previous years, the 2014 Flagler Awards drew entries from Florida’s tourism partners, large and small. Working independently, five judges evaluated the creativity, innovation, production quality and effectiveness of each entry. Based on the judges’ cumulative scores, awards were presented to the top three entries in each category: the Bronze Award for the third highest scoring entry, the Silver Award for the second highest scoring entry, and for the highest scoring entry in each category, the Henry Award. The 2014 Flagler Award winners in 16 categories, plus Best in Show at three budget levels, are listed below.
The agency was recognized in nine of the 16 categories for work with:
Best of Show
– Amelia Island Convention & Visitors Bureau for “A Florida Beach with a Southern Accent” (Marketing Budgets over $1 million)
– Seminole County Convention & Visitors Bureau for “Wild Side of Orlando” (Marketing Budgets $100,000 to $1 million)
– Amelia Island Convention & Visitors Bureau for “Visit Florida’s Legendary Beach Island” Leaflets – (Direct Marketing)
– Amelia Island Convention & Visitors Bureau for the “Southern Elegance” campaign – (Print Advertising)
– Amelia Island Convention & Visitors Bureau for “A Florida Beach with a Southern Accent” – (Mixed Media)
– Mote Marine Laboratory for “Fish Tales” Viral Video – (Social Marketing)
– Naples, Marco Island and Everglades Convention & Visitors Bureau for the Collier County Crab Festival Digital Campaign – (Internet Advertising)
– Seminole County Convention & Visitors Bureau for “No Fast Passes” – (Television Advertising)
– Naples, Marco Island and Everglades Convention & Visitors Bureau for Collier County Smart Meetings E-blasts – (Direct Marketing – Silver Award)
– Naples, Marco Island and Everglades Convention & Visitors Bureau for “Live, Sleep, Breathe Golf” – (Television Advertising – Silver Award)
– Naples, Marco Island and Everglades Convention & Visitors Bureau for the Collier County “This is My Paradise” Tourism Week campaign – (Tourism Advocacy – Silver Award)
– Seminole County Convention & Visitors Bureau for the “Wild Side of Orlando” – (Mixed Media, Silver Award)
– Seminole County Convention & Visitors Bureau for the Seminole County CVB Leisure Campaign – (Print Advertising – Silver Award)
– Seminole County Convention and Visitors Bureau for the CVB Meeting Video “Orlando’s Meeting Oasis” – (Consumer Resource/Promotional Material – Silver Award)
About Paradise: Paradise is recognized as one of the most creative, most proven, and most highly awarded agencies in the country. The full-service firm serves a broad and growing list of clients in a wide assortment of industries and account types such as Naples, Marco Island, Everglades CVB, Visit St. Pete/Clearwater, Seminole County CVB, Amelia Island CVB, Daytona Beach Area CVB, City of St. Petersburg, The Dali Museum, The Florida Orchestra, Neighborly Care Network, Tony Jannus Distinguished Aviation Society, Tampa International Airport, Smith & Associates, MOTE Marine Laboratory, BLUE Ocean, USF St. Petersburg and more. With complete Account Service, Creative, Media, Production, Interactive and Public Relations departments, the agency provides groundbreaking, research-driven strategies on behalf of clients across Florida, and around the world. Information is available at www.ParadiseAdv.com