On September 15th, a large number of Stantec employees in Florida headed out within their local communities to help out during a day of worldwide volunteerism by the North American design firm.
The Florida team was among some 5,500 employees participating in Stantec in the Community Day. The events were part of celebrations for Stantec’s 60th Anniversary, and their message to their local communities was to reinforce the firm’s promise to design with community in mind.
Examples of Stantec in the Community Day events around Florida include:
• Tampa’s group of 40 volunteers cleaned 1.1 miles along Tampa’s scenic Riverwalk, gathering 17 bags of trash and planting seven plant trays at USF Park.
• Orlando employees worked in Seminole County and marked 75 storm drains to educate the public about water quality.
• Naples crew cleaned and sorted 500 pounds of clothing at Saint Matthews House of Treasures donation center.
• 45 Sarasota employees planted 2,013 Florida-native wildflowers along walkways of Tom Bennett Park. They also removed 30 gallons of ceasarweed.
• The Fort Myers crew sorted 1,500 pounds of potatoes to help feed the homeless and hungry at Harry Chapin Food Bank.
• The Boca Raton and West Palm Beach offices worked with Keeping Our Beaches Clean to remove eight bags of trash along 2 miles of a local coastline.
• Bonifay staff began collecting school supplies in August and donated them to the Holmes County School District for needy students.
• Our nearby neighbors in San Juan, Puerto Rico cleaned 2 square miles of beachfront, collecting 12 bags of trash.
“This day of volunteering will not only further support Stantec’s commitment to community, it will bring our team members together to make a coordinated, local impact,” says Stantec vice president Fermin A. Diaz, PE. “Our employees have been serving their communities for decades, but bringing them together on one day like this just emphasizes what a difference we can make.”
“Our promise at Stantec is to design with community in mind,” says Diaz. “What better way to underscore that promise than to get out into our local communities and roll up our sleeves? We’re inspired by the communities in which we live and the impact our work has on them.”
We’re active members of the communities we serve. That’s why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
The Stantec community unites more than 14,000 specialists working in over 230 locations. Our work—professional consulting in planning, engineering, architecture, interior design, landscape architecture, surveying, environmental sciences, project management, and project economics—begins at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. With a long-term commitment to the people and places we serve, Stantec has the unique ability to connect to projects on a personal level and advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
Stantec Media Relations
Tel: (813) 223-9500