Spring Hill, Florida (September 11, 2014) – Oak Hill Hospital welcomes Stephen P. Nystrom, DO to its medical staff. Dr. Nystrom is fellowship trained in orthopaedic sports medicine. Dr. Nystrom joins Daniel P. Moynihan, MD and Chad M. Gorman, MD at the West Coast Musculoskeletal Institute, 14555 Cortez Boulevard, Brooksville, Florida 34613. Telephone 352-556-4823 to schedule an appointment.
Dr. Nystrom was fellowship trained in sports medicine at Tria Orthopaedic Center in Bloomington, Minnesota. He completed residency in orthopaedic surgery at Michigan State University in Grand Blanc, Michigan, with rotations in pediatric orthopaedic surgery at Children’s Hospital in New Orleans, Louisiana. He has also done hand surgery at Michigan Surgery Specialists, P.C., Orthopaedic Trauma Surgery at Beaumont Hospital in Royal Oak, Michigan and adult reconstruction at Covenant HealthCare in Saginaw, Michigan. Dr. Nystrom also completed an internship in orthopaedic surgery at Genesys Regional Medical Center in Grand Blanc, Michigan. He received his medical degree from Kansas City University of Medicine & Bioscience in Kansas City, Missouri.
About Oak Hill Hospital:
Oak Hill Hospital has been serving the Nature Coast since 1984. It is the largest medical facility in Hernando and Citrus Counties (262 acute care beds), is the area’s largest private employer, and offers Hernando County’s only comprehensive cardiovascular program, including open heart surgery. Approximately 370 physicians, almost 1100 associates, and over 250 volunteers comprise Oak Hill Hospital’s healthcare delivery team.
Oak Hill has demonstrated its healthcare leadership by achieving distinction as the:
· First hospital in the area to offer a Graduate Medical Education (GME) program with a residency in internal medicine.
· First hospital in the area to offer an on-site critical care intensivist program to provide 24/7 on-site intensive care in the 36 bed ICU of the hospital’s North Tower.
· First and only open heart surgery hospital in Hernando County.
· First hospital in our region to receive the Women’s Choice Award for Emergency Care Excellence by WomenCertified, home of the Women’s Choice Awards.
· First accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI (heart catheterization) and the first hospital in the area to achieve heart failure accreditation by the Society of Chest Pain Centers.
· First and only advanced level primary stroke center in Hernando County to be fully accredited by The Joint Commission.
· First comprehensive Women’s Imaging Center in Hernando County and the first imaging center offering digital mammography with computer-aided detection.
· First hospital in the area to be recognized as an accredited cancer institute by the Commission on Cancer (CoC) of the American College of Surgeons (ACoS).
· First hospital in the region to offer a comprehensive Orthopaedic & Spine Institute and first to achieve national certification by The Joint Commission for its hip & knee replacement and spinal fusion programs.
· First in the nation to have achieved 100% Board Certified Emergency Nurses, CEN’s, for which it was honored by the Emergency Nurses Association and first in Florida to receive the prestigious Lantern Award in ER nursing for exemplifying exceptional and innovative performance in the core areas of leadership, practice, education, advocacy, and research.
· Now offers the most advanced robotic assisted surgical system: the newly refined da Vinci® Si Surgical System.
· Named by The Joint Commission as one of the nation’s Top Performers on Key Quality Measures in Heart Attack, Heart Failure, Pneumonia, and Surgical Care.
It is located at 11375 Cortez Boulevard, Spring Hill, 1.9 miles east of US 19 on State Road 50. For more information about this release, please contact Richard W. Linkul, Director of Marketing, at 352-597-6383 or Richard.Linkul@HCAHealthcare.com. In Citrus call 352-628-6441. For more information about Oak Hill Hospital, visit our website at OakHillHospital.com, or like us on Facebook.