Tampa Bay/Hudson, Florida – Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point announces that it will hold a diabetes self-management workshop on Thursdays from 1:30 pm to 3:30 pm at the Shoreline Cafeteria at RMCBP, 14000 Fivay Road, Hudson, Florida, beginning September 18 through October 23. The diabetes self-management workshop is given 2-1/2 hours once a week for six weeks. Subjects covered include:
- Techniques to deal with symptoms of diabetes, fatigue, pain, hyper/hypoglycemia, stress, and emotional problems such as depression, anger, fear, and frustration
- Appropriate exercise for maintaining and improving strength and endurance
- Healthy eating
- Appropriate use of medication
- Working more effectively with healthcare providers
Participants will make weekly action plans, share experiences, and help each other solve problems they encounter in creating and carrying out their self-management program. Physicians and other health professionals both at Stanford and in the community have reviewed all materials in the course and it has proven to be effective in enhancing the quality of life for those dealing with type II diabetes.
Seating is limited and reservations are required. For information and to register call 727-869-5498 or toll free 1-888-741-5119.
This class will be taught by an instructor from CARES (Community Aging and Retirement Services, Inc.). CARES is a charitable, not for profit 501(c) (3) corporation that provides quality and caring services to meet the needs of older persons and their families in West Central Florida, helping to improve the quality of life and independence for seniors through health, social and support services. For more information, go to www.caresfl.org.
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet has been serving the community since 1981. We are a 290-bed acute care hospital located in Hudson, FL and home of the nationally acclaimed Heart Institute. We have more than 350 physicians, 1,264 employees and 500 volunteers on our integrated healthcare delivery team.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
- Level II Trauma Center
- 2011 and 2012 Top Performing Hospital for Key Quality Measures for heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, and surgical care – The Joint Commission
- Certified Advance Primary Stroke Center – Joint Commission
- Heart & Stroke Champions Award Winner 1998 – 2011
- MRI, CT, Ultrasound, and Nuclear Medicine Accredited – American College of Radiology
- Approved, with Commendation, Community Cancer Program – American College of Surgeons.
- 10 Joint Commission Disease-Specific Certifications: primary stroke center, acute myocardial infarction, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), coronary artery bypass graft, heart failure, joint replacement hip, joint replacement knee, lung cancer, pneumonia, wound care!
- Awarded Hospital Safety Score of “A” in four consecutive rankings by The Leapfrog Group.
- Recipient of the 2014 American Heart Association (AHA)/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines® Gold Performance Achievement Award in stroke.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is located at 14000 Fivay Road, Hudson, FL. 34667. For additional information on Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point visit www.rmchealth.com or www.heartoftampa.com or visit us on Facebook.