Hudson, Florida (September 3, 2014) – Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point announces that the Arrhythmia Center of Florida will host a support group on Wednesday, September 24, 2014 at 5:30 pm at the Rao Musunuru, MD Conference Center, 14000 Fivay Road, Hudson, Florida 34667 (a separate building at the back of the campus).
The general public is invited to learn more about AICD (Automatic Internal Cardiac Defibrillator). Admission is free and a complimentary light snack and drinks will be served. There will be a question and answer session and a vendor presentation.
For more information and to RSVP call 727-869-5498 or toll free 855-534-4325, or visit our website at YourHeartBeat.com. The AICD is an implantable electronic device designed to monitor heart rhythm and determine if it is abnormal and needs correction. If the AICD senses that the rhythm is abnormal, it will deliver an “internal” shock to the heart to correct the problem. The unit then resets itself.
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet has been serving the community since 1981. We are a 290-bed acute care hospital located in Hudson, FL and home of the nationally acclaimed Heart Institute. We have more than 350 physicians, 1,264 employees and 500 volunteers on our integrated healthcare delivery team.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
· Level II Trauma Center
· 2011 and 2012 Top Performing Hospital for Key Quality Measures for heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, and surgical care – The Joint Commission
· Certified Advance Primary Stroke Center – Joint Commission
· Heart & Stroke Champions Award Winner 1998 – 2011
· MRI, CT, Ultrasound, and Nuclear Medicine Accredited – American College of Radiology
· Approved, with Commendation, Community Cancer Program – American College of Surgeons.
· 10 Joint Commission Disease-Specific Certifications: primary stroke center, acute myocardial infarction, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), coronary artery bypass graft, heart failure, joint replacement hip, joint replacement knee, lung cancer, pneumonia, wound care!
· Awarded Hospital Safety Score of “A” in four consecutive rankings by The Leapfrog Group.
· Recipient of the 2013 American Heart Association (AHA)/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines® Gold Performance Achievement Award in both heart failure and stroke.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is located at 14000 Fivay Road, Hudson, FL. 34667. For additional information on Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point visit www.rmchealth.com or www.heartoftampa.comor visit us on Facebook.