Hudson, Florida (September 4, 2014) – Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point announces that it has received accreditation by the Commission on Cancer (COC) of the American College of Surgeons (ACoS). Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has received a three year accreditation until May 2017. Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point received the accreditation following an onsite evaluation by a physician surveyor in June during which time the facility demonstrated compliance with standards that represent the full scope of cancer programs.
RMCBP has held this distinction since 1981. As a leader in cancer care Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is committed to working with physicians and clinicians to ensure that residents of west central Florida have access to the latest cancer clinical trials and diagnostic equipment locally.
The Commission on Cancer was established by the American College of Surgeons and is a consortium of professional organizations dedicated to improving survival rates and quality of care for cancer patients through standard-setting, prevention, research, education, and the monitoring of comprehensive quality care. Its membership includes Fellows of the American College of Surgeons and 40 national organizations that reflect the full spectrum of cancer care.
Those institutions who are involved in the approvals program represent a broad base network of comprehensive cancer care programs and offer the entire spectrum of cancer controlled activities, from prevention to rehabilitation and long-term follow up. It is estimated that approved programs annually diagnose and treat 80 percent of all new cancer cases. This statistic emphasizes the level of commitment to resources that Commission Approval Programs have made to the care of patients in cancer.
Approval by the Commission on Cancer is given only to those facilities that are voluntarily committed to providing the highest level of quality cancer care and that undergo a rigorous evaluation process and review of their performance. To maintain approval, facilities with Commission on Cancer approval cancer programs must on go and on-site review every three years.
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point’s Cancer Registry
The Cancer Institute at Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point participates in a state-wide program to improve the quality of cancer dedication and care. The hospital’s cancer registry complies with all state regulations and requirements to track causes, diagnosis and treatment of cancer and certain blood disorders.
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet has been serving the community since 1981. We are a 290-bed acute care hospital located in Hudson, FL and home of the nationally acclaimed Heart Institute. We have more than 350 physicians, 1,264 employees and 500 volunteers on our integrated healthcare delivery team.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
- Level II Trauma Center
- 2011 and 2012 Top Performing Hospital for Key Quality Measures for heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, and surgical care – The Joint Commission
- Certified Advance Primary Stroke Center – Joint Commission
- Heart & Stroke Champions Award Winner 1998 – 2011
- MRI, CT, Ultrasound, and Nuclear Medicine Accredited – American College of Radiology
- Approved, with Commendation, Community Cancer Program – American College of Surgeons.
- 5 Joint Commission Disease-Specific Certifications: primary stroke center, acute myocardial infarction, coronary artery bypass graft, joint replacement hip, and joint replacement knee.
- Awarded Hospital Safety Score of “A” in four consecutive rankings by The Leapfrog Group.
- Recipient of the 2014 American Heart Association (AHA)/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines® Gold Performance Achievement Award in stroke.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is located at 14000 Fivay Road, Hudson, FL. 34667. For additional information on Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point visit www.rmchealth.com or www.heartoftampa.comor visit us on Facebook.