Brandon, Florida (August 21, 2014) – Brandon Regional Hospital announces that Jennifer Waxler, MD, Medical Director of its Emergency Department, will conduct a seminar entitled “Is It a Stroke or a Heart Attack” at 11 am on September 11 at The Bridges Retirement Community, 11202 Dewhurst Drive, Riverview, Florida 33578.
Dr. Waxler will present a thorough discussion on the difference between a stroke and a heart attack. She will discuss the various risk factors for both stroke and heart attack as well as warning signs and most importantly what to do about it.
Admission is free and a complimentary lunch will be served. Seating is limited and reservations are advised. For more information and to register call 813-413-8900 or visit BrandonRegionalHospital.com.
About Brandon Regional Hospital
Brandon Regional Hospital is a proud member of the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services. BRH is a 398-acute care facility which includes a 25-bed Behavioral Health Center. BRH holds the following certifications:
· Named among the 2014 Truven Health 100 Top Hospitals® in the nation. The award recognizes hospitals that provide national benchmark performance for value and effective care in their communities.
· Certification as a Primary Stroke Center by The Joint Commission.
· The Bariatric Center of Excellence award by the American Society of the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery.
· The Brandon Regional Hospital Echocardiography Lab has been awarded a three-year term of accreditation in the area of adult transthoracic by the Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Echocardiography Laboratories (ICAEL).
In addition, BRH offers quality patient care services including:
· The Women’s Center at Brandon Regional Hospital, which includes The Baby Suites, Level III NICU (Neonatal Intensive Care Unit), and new in-patient rooms for gynecology and anti-partum patients.
· The Reflux Center, which has developed a comprehensive approach for the diagnosis and treatment of acid reflux disease by combining highly skilled physicians and the latest technology to provide effective solutions.
· The Behavioral Health Center a 25 bed unit which emphasizes the importance of instilling hope with group and individual psychotherapy, medication assessment, psycho-educational group, family support and education groups, and interventions designed to guide the mind, body, and spirit to recovery.
· The Heart & Vascular Center offer the latest diagnoses and treatment options in cardiac and vascular conditions.
Brandon Regional Hospital is located at 119 Oakfield Drive, Brandon, Florida 33511. For more information contact Patricia Montgomery, 813-571-5105 or go to BrandonRegionalHospital.com.