Oak Hill Hospital has announced its Star Associates of the Month of July. Each month hospital associates are chosen in a process that involves nominations and voting by their peers, patients, patient families, and physicians.
This month’s Oak Hill Hospital “Stars” are:
Peggy O’Reilly-Berry, RN/C, Case Manager
Peggy joined Oak Hill Hospital’s second floor in December 2011. She is a case manager and views her job as the person who intervenes for patient advocacy for nurses, managers, and the discharge plan. She and her husband, Kevin Berry, live in Spring Hill with their two “furry children” – Anjer Noel, seven, and Princess, ten. Peggy’s nomination came from a colleague who praised her caring attitude toward patient care which she regards as “exceptional.” As Peggy states, “my clients are number one priority.” Peggy realizes that patients can be frightened, scared, and definitely need assistance. She says she loves being a case manager but praises the staff that she works with on the second floor, in particular the other case managers. “I am proud to work with them.”
Victoria Wetherbee, Pre-Op Nurse
Victoria’s nomination came from a patient who had what some might regard as “minor” surgery… but it was not minor to her. “Although it was a small procedure I was very apprehensive about undergoing general anesthesia, I had even called the hospital a few times prior to the day to ask questions about it. I also did my own online research but was still left feeling worried. Vicki was calming and paid me great attention. I appreciate the level of interest. I am glad that I had the anesthetist and Vicki – two great people on my team.
In making the announcement Oak Hill Hospital’s Chief Operating Officer Sonia Gonzalez said, “Dr. Thomas Frist, Senior, our founder, always believed that ‘Good people beget good people.’ People like Peggy and Vicki prove that Oak Hill Hospital will continue the legacy.”
Visit the Oak Hill Hospital newsroom for recent releases: www.OakHillHospital.com/About/Newsroom/
About Oak Hill Hospital:
Oak Hill Hospital has been serving the Nature Coast since 1984. It is the largest medical facility in Hernando and Citrus Counties (262 acute care beds), is the area’s largest private employer, and offers Hernando County’s only comprehensive cardiovascular program, including open heart surgery. Approximately 370 physicians, almost 1100 associates, and over 250 volunteers comprise Oak Hill Hospital’s healthcare delivery team.
Oak Hill has demonstrated its healthcare leadership by achieving distinction as the:
· First hospital in the area to offer a Graduate Medical Education (GME) program with a residency in internal medicine.
· First hospital in the area to offer an on-site critical care intensivist program to provide 24/7 on-site intensive care in the 36 bed ICU of the hospital’s North Tower.
· First and only open heart surgery hospital in Hernando County.
· First hospital in our region to receive the Women’s Choice Award for Emergency Care Excellence by WomenCertified, home of the Women’s Choice Awards.
· First accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI (heart catheterization) and the first hospital in the area to achieve heart failure accreditation by the Society of Chest Pain Centers.
· First and only advanced level primary stroke center in Hernando County to be fully accredited by The Joint Commission.
· First comprehensive Women’s Imaging Center in Hernando County and the first imaging center offering digital mammography with computer-aided detection.
· First hospital in the area to be recognized as an accredited cancer institute by the Commission on Cancer (CoC) of the American College of Surgeons (ACoS).
· First hospital in the region to offer a comprehensive Orthopaedic & Spine Institute and first to achieve national certification by The Joint Commission for its hip & knee replacement and spinal fusion programs.
· First in the nation to have achieved 100% Board Certified Emergency Nurses, CENs, for which it was honored by the Emergency Nurses Association (ENA). Also recognized by the ENA as a two-time recipient of the Lantern Award. Only two hospitals in Florida and only 17 hospitals nationwide have earned this prestigious honor for exceptional and innovative leadership, practice, education, advocacy and research.
· Now offers the most advanced robotic assisted surgical system: the newly refined da Vinci® Si Surgical System.
· Named by The Joint Commission as one of the nation’s Top Performers on Key Quality Measures in Heart Attack, Heart Failure, Pneumonia, and Surgical Care.
It is located at 11375 Cortez Boulevard, Spring Hill, 1.9 miles east of US 19 on State Road 50. For more information about this release, please contact Richard W. Linkul, Director of Marketing, at 352-597-6383 or Richard.Linkul@HCAHealthcare.com. In Citrus call 352-628-6441. For more information about Oak Hill Hospital, visit our website at OakHillHospital.com, or like us on Facebook.