Award-winning program is designed to help adults manage falls and increase activity levels
Hudson, Florida (August 14, 2014) – Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is offering A Matter of Balance, a proven program designed to help people manage concerns about falls and increase physical activity. Classes will be held on Wednesdays and Fridays from 1 pm to 3 pm for four weeks. Class dates are September 3, 5, 10, 12, 17, 19, 24 and 26.
Classes will be held at Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point, 14000 Fivay Road, Hudson, Florida in the Rau Musunuru, MD Conference Center in conference rooms three and four.
A Matter of Balance: Managing Concerns about Falls program is conducted in eight two and a half hour sessions and uses group discussion, problem-solving strategies, videos and gentle physical exercise. The program is led by a Master Trainer through National Program Mentoring provided by Community Aging and Retirement Services (CARES). Older adults learn positive coping methods to reduce fear of falling and remain active and independent.
A Matter of Balance helps participants become more confident about managing falls by believing that they can increase their strength, find ways to reduce falls, and protect themselves if they do fall. In addition, participants report that they have increased the amount they exercise on a regular basis.
A Matter of Balance: Managing Concerns About Falls
This program is based on Fear of Falling: A Matter of Balance. Copyright ©1995 Trustees of Boston University. All rights reserved. Used and adapted by permission of Boston University.
A Matter of Balance Lay Leader Model
Recognized for Innovation and Quality in Healthcare and Aging, 2006, American Society on Aging. A Matter of Balance Lay Leader Model was developed by a grant from the Administration on Aging (#90AM2780).
The program is held at Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point, 14000 Fivay Road, Hudson, Florida in the Shoreline Cafeteria conference room from 1:30 pm to 2:30 pm.
Seating is limited and reservations are required. For information and to register call 727-869-5498 or toll free 1-888-741-5119.
This class will be taught by an instructor from CARES (Community Aging and Retirement Services, Inc.). CARES is a charitable, not for profit 501(c) (3) corporation that provides quality and caring services to meet the needs of older persons and their families in West Central Florida, helping to improve the quality of life and independence for seniors through health, social and support services. For more information, go to www.caresfl.org.
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet has been serving the community since 1981. We are a 290-bed acute care hospital located in Hudson, FL and home of the nationally acclaimed Heart Institute. We have more than 350 physicians, 1,264 employees and 500 volunteers on our integrated healthcare delivery team.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
· Level II Trauma Center
· 2011 and 2012 Top Performing Hospital for Key Quality Measures for heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, and surgical care – The Joint Commission
· Certified Advance Primary Stroke Center – Joint Commission
· Heart & Stroke Champions Award Winner 1998 – 2011
· MRI, CT, Ultrasound, and Nuclear Medicine Accredited – American College of Radiology
· Approved, with Commendation, Community Cancer Program – American College of Surgeons.
· 10 Joint Commission Disease-Specific Certifications: primary stroke center, acute myocardial infarction, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), coronary artery bypass graft, heart failure, joint replacement hip, joint replacement knee, lung cancer, pneumonia, wound care!
· Awarded Hospital Safety Score of “A” in four consecutive rankings by The Leapfrog Group.
· Recipient of the 2014 American Heart Association (AHA)/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines® Gold Performance Achievement Award in stroke.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is located at 14000 Fivay Road, Hudson, FL. 34667. For additional information on Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point visit www.rmchealth.com or www.heartoftampa.comor visit us on Facebook.