Hudson, Florida (August 12, 2014) – Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point announces that Bonnie Rigsby, RN, critical care, has been named Employee of the Month for June. Bonnie is a long time employee of the hospital and a Preceptor in its Surgical Intensive Care Unit (SICU). The hospital and the surgical care unit received multiple letters of praise from family members stating that Bonnie is an excellent nurse and makes their day go by smoothly by keeping them well informed. Other letters have added that family members can “rest knowing their loved ones are in safe hands.”
However, Bonnie’s reputation as a premier caregiver is among her colleagues, especially those who work in the intensive care unit. One of her colleagues points out, “Much of my success at Bayonet Point I attribute to this employee. She is positive, professional, caring and a real advocate.” Bonnie is regarded as the “go-to” person when the night shift needs someone to cover. She does this without hesitation saying, “Yes, whatever you need.” Employees feel that she makes everyone’s life better knowing that she is available. Bonnie also bridges the gap of night shift and day shift acting as the ambassador for both shifts explaining the difference between days and nights and advocating for both shifts who have their own special needs. Most important, she has a reputation for doing everything with a smile.
As Employee of the Month, Ms. Rigsby receives an Employee of the Month pin, a selected blanket gift, a reception with refreshments for her colleagues and a coveted front row parking spot for her use for one month, and a $50 gift card.
In addition, Bonnie receives a “You Make a Difference” starfish keychain personifying a well known story of the young man and the starfish.
Each Employee of the Month is placed in nomination for Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point’s Employee of the Year to be determined at the end of the year.
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet has been serving the community since 1981. We are a 290-bed acute care hospital located in Hudson, FL and home of the nationally acclaimed Heart Institute. We have more than 350 physicians, 1,264 employees and 500 volunteers on our integrated healthcare delivery team.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
· Level II Trauma Center
· 2011 and 2012 Top Performing Hospital for Key Quality Measures for heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, and surgical care – The Joint Commission
· Certified Advance Primary Stroke Center – Joint Commission
· Heart & Stroke Champions Award Winner 1998 – 2011
· MRI, CT, Ultrasound, and Nuclear Medicine Accredited – American College of Radiology
· Approved, with Commendation, Community Cancer Program – American College of Surgeons.
· 10 Joint Commission Disease-Specific Certifications: primary stroke center, acute myocardial infarction, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), coronary artery bypass graft, heart failure, joint replacement hip, joint replacement knee, lung cancer, pneumonia, wound care!
· Awarded Hospital Safety Score of “A” in four consecutive rankings by The Leapfrog Group.
· Recipient of the 2014 American Heart Association (AHA)/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines® Gold Performance Achievement Award in stroke.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is located at 14000 Fivay Road, Hudson, FL. 34667. For additional information on Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point visit www.rmchealth.com or www.heartoftampa.comor visit us on Facebook.