Hudson, Florida (August 11, 2014) – Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point announces that it will commemorate September as AFib Awareness Month by offering a free tour of its Electrophysiology Lab to the public on September 15, 2014, from 3 pm to 3:30 pm and then again from 3:30 pm to 4 pm. The tour will begin at Entrance D of Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point, 14000 Fivay Road, Hudson, FL 34667.
The public is invited to tour the “EP Lab” and meet the hospital’s experienced team. The public will tour the procedural suite and learn about some of the newest minimally invasive technologies now available to treat Atrial Fibrillation.
Atrial Fibrillation (AFib) is the most common heart rhythm problem. Yet, most other treatments have been ineffective and long-term medications have had side effects.
Space is limited and reservations are required. For more information and to reserve a space call 727-869-5498 or 855-534-4325.
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet has been serving the community since 1981. We are a 290-bed acute care hospital located in Hudson, FL and home of the nationally acclaimed Heart Institute. We have more than 350 physicians, 1,264 employees and 500 volunteers on our integrated healthcare delivery team.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
- Level II Trauma Center
- 2011 and 2012 Top Performing Hospital for Key Quality Measures for heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, and surgical care – The Joint Commission
- Certified Advance Primary Stroke Center – Joint Commission
- Heart & Stroke Champions Award Winner 1998 – 2011
- MRI, CT, Ultrasound, and Nuclear Medicine Accredited – American College of Radiology
- Approved, with Commendation, Community Cancer Program – American College of Surgeons.
- 10 Joint Commission Disease-Specific Certifications: primary stroke center, acute myocardial infarction, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), coronary artery bypass graft, heart failure, joint replacement hip, joint replacement knee, lung cancer, pneumonia, wound care!
- Awarded Hospital Safety Score of “A” in four consecutive rankings by The Leapfrog Group.
- Recipient of the 2014 American Heart Association (AHA)/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines® Gold Performance Achievement Award in stroke.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is located at 14000 Fivay Road, Hudson, FL. 34667. For additional information on Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point visit www.rmchealth.com or www.heartoftampa.comor visit us on Facebook.