Brandon, Florida (July 29, 2014) – Brandon Regional Hospital has announced the following community events that will be held during the month of August. All events will be held in the Oakfield Medical Plaza on the campus of Brandon Regional Hospital, 119 Oakfield Drive, Brandon, Florida 33511, unless otherwise noted.
· Prepared Childbirth Series – August 4, 11, 18 and 25 at 6:30 pm, Oakfield Medical Plaza, Classroom B, Suite 260
· NICU Family to Family Support Group – August 5 and 19 at 6:45 pm, Brandon Regional Hospital, Women’s Center Lobby
· Healthy Heart Nutrition – August 6 at 2:30 pm, Oakfield Medical Plaza, Classroom A, Suite 262
· Gestational Diabetes – August 7, 14, 21 and 28, 8:30 am, Oakfield Medical Plaza, Classroom C, Suite 258
· Prepared Childbirth Class – August 9 and 16, 9 am, Oakfield Medical Plaza, Classroom B, Suite 260
· Prenatal Tour – August 10 at 3 pm and August 11 and 26 at 7:30 pm, Brandon Regional Hospital, Women’s Center Lobby
· Pink Petals Support Group – August 11 at 6:30 pm, Oakfield Medical Plaza, Classroom B, Suite 260
· Prenatal Breastfeeding – August 12 at 6:30 pm, Oakfield Medical Plaza, Classroom B, Suite 260
· Nutrition for Cancer Prevention & Treatment Class – August 13, 2:30 pm, Oakfield Medical Plaza, Classroom B, Suite 260
· Weight Loss Options – August 13 at 6 pm, Oakfield Medical Plaza, Classroom B, Suite 260
· Vascular Victories Cardiac and Stroke Support – August 14, 12 pm, Oakfield Medical Plaza, Classroom A, Suite 262
· Outpatient Diabetes Self-Management – August 20, 8:30 am, Oakfield Medical Plaza, Classroom B, Suite 260
· Weight Loss Options – August 21 at noon, 1901 Haverford Avenue, Suite 106, behind South Bay Hospital, Sun City Center, Florida 33573
· Surgical Solutions for Weight Loss – August 28, 6:30 pm, Oakfield Medical Plaza, Classroom B, Suite 260
· Surgical Weight Loss Support Group – August 28, 6:30 pm, Oakfield Medical Plaza, Classroom A, Suite 262
Seating is limited and reservations are advised. For more information and to register call 813-653-1065 or visit BrandonRegionalHospital.com.
About Brandon Regional Hospital
Brandon Regional Hospital is a proud member of the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services. BRH is a 398-acute care facility which includes a 25-bed Behavioral Health Center. BRH holds the following certifications:
· Named among the 2014 Truven Health 100 Top Hospitals® in the nation. The award recognizes hospitals that provide national benchmark performance for value and effective care in their communities.
· Certification as a Primary Stroke Center by The Joint Commission.
· The Bariatric Center of Excellence award by the American Society of the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery.
· The Brandon Regional Hospital Echocardiography Lab has been awarded a three-year term of accreditation in the area of adult transthoracic by the Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Echocardiography Laboratories (ICAEL).
In addition, BRH offers quality patient care services including:
· The Women’s Center at Brandon Regional Hospital, which includes The Baby Suites, Level III NICU (Neonatal Intensive Care Unit), and new in-patient rooms for gynecology and anti-partum patients.
· The Reflux Center, which has developed a comprehensive approach for the diagnosis and treatment of acid reflux disease by combining highly skilled physicians and the latest technology to provide effective solutions.
· The Behavioral Health Center a 25 bed unit which emphasizes the importance of instilling hope with group and individual psychotherapy, medication assessment, psycho-educational group, family support and education groups, and interventions designed to guide the mind, body, and spirit to recovery.
· The Heart & Vascular Center offer the latest diagnoses and treatment options in cardiac and vascular conditions.
Brandon Regional Hospital is located at 119 Oakfield Drive, Brandon, Florida 33511. For more information contact Patricia Montgomery, 813-571-5105 or go to BrandonRegionalHospital.com.