Hudson, Florida (July 16, 2014) – Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point announces that Reginald “Reggie” Headen, nursing assistant on the Neuro Spine Unit has been named Employee of the Month. In making the announcement Shayne George, CEO, stated, “This employee demonstrates to his core our mission and values at Bayonet Point.” Mr. Headen’s nominations emphasized him as an overall great employee…who goes far above and beyond the call of duty.
A patient’s family member says about Reggie, “Your employee went above and beyond his duty for my mother. I cannot stress enough how he should receive a medal of valor for his kindness and professional care. This employee is a keeper!”
A co-worker says, “I have had the absolute pleasure of working side-by-side with Reggie for several years. The presence in which he presents himself on the floor is a rare quality. Reggie is always cheerful and never shows contempt of any situation. His relationship with his patients and the staff is one to be modeled. Reggie is tireless in his duties and keeps a pleasurable working atmosphere every day. I for one appreciate all he does for me as a nurse on the unit, but especially what he does for our patients. Treating each person with dignity, empathy and caring just comes natural to him.”
As employee of the month Mr. Headen receives an Employee of the Month pin, a selected blanket gift, a reception with refreshments for his colleagues and a coveted front row parking spot for his use for one month, and a $50 gift card.
In addition, Mr. Headen receives a “You Make a Difference” starfish key chain personifying a well known story of the young man and the starfish.
Each Employee of the Month is also placed in nomination for Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point’s Employee of the Year to be determined at the end of the year.
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet has been serving the community since 1981. We are a 290-bed acute care hospital located in Hudson, FL and home of the nationally acclaimed Heart Institute. We have more than 350 physicians, 1,264 employees and 500 volunteers on our integrated healthcare delivery team.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
· Level II Trauma Center
· 2011 and 2012 Top Performing Hospital for Key Quality Measures for heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, and surgical care – The Joint Commission
· Certified Advance Primary Stroke Center – Joint Commission
· Heart & Stroke Champions Award Winner 1998 – 2011
· MRI, CT, Ultrasound, and Nuclear Medicine Accredited – American College of Radiology
· Approved, with Commendation, Community Cancer Program – American College of Surgeons.
· 10 Joint Commission Disease-Specific Certifications: primary stroke center, acute myocardial infarction, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), coronary artery bypass graft, heart failure, joint replacement hip, joint replacement knee, lung cancer, pneumonia, wound care!
· Awarded Hospital Safety Score of “A” in four consecutive rankings by The Leapfrog Group.
· Recipient of the 2014 American Heart Association (AHA)/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines® Gold Performance Achievement Award in stroke.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is located at 14000 Fivay Road, Hudson, FL. 34667. For additional information on Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point visit www.rmchealth.com or www.heartoftampa.comor visit us on Facebook.