Brandon, Florida (June 18, 2014) – Brandon Regional Hospital has announced that its Volunteer Auxiliary organization recently awarded 31 scholarships in the amount of $35,400 for the 2014-2015 school year. Since 1979 the Volunteer Auxiliary has sponsored scholarships for students in the medical field. To date, over $1,082,000 in scholarships have been awarded. Employees and their family members and Volunteers and their family members, as well as the general public, are eligible to apply. This year 45 applications were received and 31 recipients were selected. Scholarship applications are available at the Information Desk in Tower A at Brandon Regional Hospital on December 1st and are due in by March 31st. If you are interested in becoming a Hospital Volunteer please call 813-681-5551 extension 3587.
Jenny Borge, LaNora Davis, Myrlande Delma, Chukwunonso Dim, Taiwo Emiola, Jamie Enos, Francess Ereku, Lorena Fraboni, Jennette Fullenwider, Caren Garcia, Jacqueline Hassell, Yvette Herrington, Kelsey Horton, Theresa Huber, Amy Lee Iarrobino, Rhonda Jackson, Ebony King, Ty Lively, Ana Maldonado, Roshni Marballi, Lisa MookSang, Enzo Nicosia, Katina Nicosia, Jennifer Pennington, Phillip Romanski, Samantha Scholes, Esthela Solis, Sonia Thomas, Thompson Thompson, Michael Tuyor, Jessica Watts
Attached photo: Recipients in attendance on June 12th – L-R: Jessica Watts, Samantha Scholes, Jeannette Fullenwider, Katina Nicosia, Sonia Thomas, Enzo Nicosia, Jenny Borge, Kavita Marballi.
About Brandon Regional Hospital
Brandon Regional Hospital is a proud member of the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services. BRH is a 398-acute care facility which includes a 25-bed Behavioral Health Center. BRH holds the following certifications:
· Named among the 2014 Truven Health 100 Top Hospitals® in the nation. The award recognizes hospitals that provide national benchmark performance for value and effective care in their communities.
· Certification as a Primary Stroke Center by The Joint Commission.
· The Bariatric Center of Excellence award by the American Society of the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery.
· The Brandon Regional Hospital Echocardiography Lab has been awarded a three-year term of accreditation in the area of adult transthoracic by the Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Echocardiography Laboratories (ICAEL).
In addition, BRH offers quality patient care services including:
· The Women’s Center at Brandon Regional Hospital, which includes The Baby Suites, Level III NICU (Neonatal Intensive Care Unit), and new in-patient rooms for gynecology and anti-partum patients.
· The Reflux Center, which has developed a comprehensive approach for the diagnosis and treatment of acid reflux disease by combining highly skilled physicians and the latest technology to provide effective solutions.
· The Behavioral Health Center a 25 bed unit which emphasizes the importance of instilling hope with group and individual psychotherapy, medication assessment, psycho-educational group, family support and education groups, and interventions designed to guide the mind, body, and spirit to recovery.
· The Heart & Vascular Center offer the latest diagnoses and treatment options in neurological, spine and cardiac conditions.
Brandon Regional Hospital is located at 119 Oakfield Drive, Brandon, Florida 33511. For more information contact Patricia Montgomery, 813-571-5105 or go to BrandonRegionalHospital.com.