Brandon, Florida (July 14, 2014) – Brandon Regional Hospital has announced that its Volunteer Auxiliary recently awarded 31 scholarships. Since 1979 the Volunteer Auxiliary has sponsored a scholarship for students in the medical field. Employees and their family members and Volunteers and their family members are eligible to apply. This year 45 applications were received and 31 recipients were selected; of those, 10 are employees and 4 are children of employees. Below is a listing of the employees who received this year’s scholarships:
· Jenny Borje
· LaNora Davis
· Jamie Enos
· Caren Garcia
· Jacqueline Hassell
· Yvette Herrington
· Therese Huber
· Rhonda Jackson
· Jennifer Pennington
· Samantha Scholes
Attached photo: Scholarship winners pose with the certificate acknowledging their award
About Brandon Regional Hospital
Brandon Regional Hospital is a proud member of the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services. BRH is a 398-acute care facility which includes a 25-bed Behavioral Health Center. BRH holds the following certifications:
· Named among the 2014 Truven Health 100 Top Hospitals® in the nation. The award recognizes hospitals that provide national benchmark performance for value and effective care in their communities.
· Certification as a Primary Stroke Center by The Joint Commission.
· The Bariatric Center of Excellence award by the American Society of the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery.
· The Brandon Regional Hospital Echocardiography Lab has been awarded a three-year term of accreditation in the area of adult transthoracic by the Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Echocardiography Laboratories (ICAEL).
In addition, BRH offers quality patient care services including:
· The Women’s Center at Brandon Regional Hospital, which includes The Baby Suites, Level III NICU (Neonatal Intensive Care Unit), and new in-patient rooms for gynecology and anti-partum patients.
· The Reflux Center, which has developed a comprehensive approach for the diagnosis and treatment of acid reflux disease by combining highly skilled physicians and the latest technology to provide effective solutions.
· The Behavioral Health Center a 25 bed unit which emphasizes the importance of instilling hope with group and individual psychotherapy, medication assessment, psycho-educational group, family support and education groups, and interventions designed to guide the mind, body, and spirit to recovery.
· The Heart & Vascular Center offer the latest diagnoses and treatment options in neurological, spine and cardiac conditions.
Brandon Regional Hospital is located at 119 Oakfield Drive, Brandon, Florida 33511. For more information contact Patricia Montgomery, 813-571-5105 or go to BrandonRegionalHospital.com.