Rodney Barnes to begin in August
MANATEE COUNTY, FL (July 7, 2014) – After an extensive search and a review of more than 150 applications, Manatee County Government has a new Human Resources Director.
County Administrator Ed Hunzeker recently hired Rodney Barnes to lead a Human Resources team that serves more than 1,600 County employees. Barnes currently serves as Executive Director of Human Resources for the Elk River Area School District in Elk River, Minn. The Manatee County Commission will formally confirm Barnes at its next regular meeting on July 29 and he is expected to begin on Aug. 4.
“Rodney’s resume and our extensive interview process revealed that he is a proactive problem solver and a results-oriented leader,” Hunzeker said. “He prides himself on the ability to think and lead strategically on an organization-wide level as a member of the senior leadership team, and as an advisor and mentor to department leaders and colleagues.”
Prior to the Elk River School District, Barnes served as Director of Human Resources for the Osseo Area School District and for Duluth Public Schools, both in Minnesota. He holds a Bachelor’s Degree in General Business from Regents College and he has achieved certification as a Senior Professional in Human Resources. Barnes’ other accomplishments include:
· Introducing cost-effective benefits and pay programs that support organizational goals and meet fiscal priorities;
· Improving staff performance through the implementation of performance management, training and staff development programs;
· Initiating programs to improve staff commitment to organizational goals and objectives;
· Developing and implementing metrics and reports to make data-driven decisions that support the success of faculty and faculty administrators;
· Transforming the HR department from a processing role to a client-focused strategic business partner.
For more information on Manatee County Government, visit online atwww.mymanatee.org or call (941) 748-4501. You can also follow us on Facebook atwww.facebook.com/manatee.county.fl and on Twitter, @ManateeGov.