Spring Hill, Florida (July 3, 2014) – Oak Hill Hospital and the H2U Partner’s Club at Oak Hill Hospital will present “An Afternoon Tea on the Titanic” on Monday, July 28 from 2 pm to 4 pm at Silverthorn Country Club, 4550 Golf Club Lane, Spring Hill, Florida 34609.
The hilariously funny comedy skit will be presented by professional actors Martin Hillier and Peter Konowicz. As Shakespearean and comedic actor, Martin Hillier, puts it: “Waiter, waiter, I want more ice! Americans are famous for liking a lot of ice in their drinks but did you know that, when Americans are in the drink themselves, they don’t wish there to be any ice in there with them at all? How strange! Now don’t get alarmed, but Peter Konowicz and I are planning on dropping all of you right in…the North Atlantic that is! We are going to whisk you off to 1912 for a tongue in cheek look back at all the goings on aboard the world’s most famous luxury submarine! In our outrageous comic sketch, the uptight and humorless Scottish 1st Officer of Titanic, William McMaster Murdoch, will desperately try to convince the world’s richest man, Mr. Benjamin Guggenheim, in his befuddled after dinner state, that he should follow him to the last life boat before the ship sinks, with unexpected and hilarious results! ““Titanic may be the bottom of the ocean but we’ve plumbed the depths of these two jokers,” he added.
Tea and Crumpets will be served! Admission is free and open to all who wish an opportunity to learn about the wonderful programs offered to seniors in our community through the H2U Partner’s Club and the Oak Hill Hospital volunteer association. Experienced volunteers will be available to answer all your questions.
About Martin Hillier
Martin Hillier is a British Shakespearean Actor; classically trained at the Webber Douglas Academy of Dramatic Art in London. He has acted all over the world and has been living and working in the United States for the past 17 years. He currently resides in Orlando and works for Disney and Universal Studios; where he can be seen as a Royal Majesty Maker at the Magic Kingdom, as a judge at the American Idol Experience in Disney’s Hollywood Studios and at a very particular little store in Hogsmead! He has a great deal of improvisation experience and enjoys the challenge of portraying characters in the “real world.”
About Peter J. Konowicz
After studying acting at the University of Tampa, Peter enjoyed working in the nonprofit world for a time, as a grant writer, before returning to his first love of acting. Since then, Peter has enjoyed playing on stages around the Bay area, including recently as Slim in Of Mice and Men, and Karl Lindner in A Raising in the Sun, at Stageworks Theatre, and as Albert Amundson in 1,000 Clowns at Hat Trick Theatre. Peter also works extensively in the film and television industry, and appears over various media in projects ranging from commercials to feature films, including the award-winning short film, Shophie Hates Me. One of his more enjoyable engagements was as Titanic passenger Benjamin Guggenheim at the Mahaffey Theater’s exhibition of the Titanic 100th Anniversary Artifact Exhibit in St. Petersburg.
Attached photos: Martin Hillier and Peter Konowicz
About Oak Hill Hospital:
Oak Hill Hospital has been serving the Nature Coast since 1984. It is the largest medical facility in Hernando and Citrus Counties (262 acute care beds), is the area’s largest private employer, and offers Hernando County’s only comprehensive cardiovascular program, including open heart surgery. Approximately 370 physicians, almost 1100 associates, and over 250 volunteers comprise Oak Hill Hospital’s healthcare delivery team.
Oak Hill has demonstrated its healthcare leadership by achieving distinction as the:
· First hospital in the area to offer a Graduate Medical Education (GME) program with a residency in internal medicine.
· First hospital in the area to offer an on-site critical care intensivist program to provide 24/7 on-site intensive care in the 36 bed ICU of the hospital’s North Tower.
· First and only open heart surgery hospital in Hernando County.
· First hospital in our region to receive the Women’s Choice Award for Emergency Care Excellence by WomenCertified, home of the Women’s Choice Awards.
· First accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI (heart catheterization) and the first hospital in the area to achieve heart failure accreditation by the Society of Chest Pain Centers.
· First and only advanced level primary stroke center in Hernando County to be fully accredited by The Joint Commission.
· First comprehensive Women’s Imaging Center in Hernando County and the first imaging center offering digital mammography with computer-aided detection.
· First hospital in the area to be recognized as an accredited cancer institute by the Commission on Cancer (CoC) of the American College of Surgeons (ACoS).
· First hospital in the region to offer a comprehensive Orthopaedic & Spine Institute and first to achieve national certification by The Joint Commission for its hip & knee replacement and spinal fusion programs.
· First in the nation to have achieved 100% Board Certified Emergency Nurses, CEN’s, for which it was honored by the Emergency Nurses Association and first in Florida to receive the prestigious Lantern Award in ER nursing for exemplifying exceptional and innovative performance in the core areas of leadership, practice, education, advocacy, and research.
· Now offers the most advanced robotic assisted surgical system: the newly refined da Vinci® Si Surgical System.
· Named by The Joint Commission as one of the nation’s Top Performers on Key Quality Measures in Heart Attack, Heart Failure, Pneumonia, and Surgical Care.
It is located at 11375 Cortez Boulevard, Spring Hill, 1.9 miles east of US 19 on State Road 50. For more information about this release, please contact Richard W. Linkul, Director of Marketing, at 352-597-6383 or Richard.Linkul@HCAHealthcare.com. In Citrus call 352-628-6441. For more information about Oak Hill Hospital, visit our website at OakHillHospital.com, or like us on Facebook.