Tampa, Fla. – July 1, 2014 – Carlton Fields Jorden Burt Tampa Shareholder Gwynne A. Young received the Rosemary Barkett Outstanding Achievement Award from the Florida Association for Women Lawyers (FAWL) during the Henry Latimer Diversity Luncheon at The Florida Bar Annual Meeting and Convention on June 27, 2014 in Orlando, Florida.
This award is given annually to a FAWL member who has:
· demonstrated a commitment to the purpose and goals of FAWL;
· excelled to outstanding career achievement that charters new territory in our profession;
· helped to overcome traditional stereotypes associated with women by breaking barriers, molding a new reality and a new way of thinking about themselves, others and their place in the universe or has promoted the status of women within the profession;
· advanced the status of women in the State of Florida; and
· is an active member of FAWL (membership dues are paid for the 2013-2014 year).
Young is the fifth woman and the fifth lawyer in the firm to have led the nation’s third largest Bar. She secured presidency in 2010 when she won the first three-way race since 1983. Her election to the Bar’s highest post followed nearly a decade of service to the Bar.
Prior to joining Carlton Fields Jorden Burt, Young served as the first female assistant state attorney in the Hillsborough State’s Attorney’s Office. She joined the firm in 1977 and became a shareholder in 1982.
Her practice focuses on representing insurers in insurance coverage matters, real property litigation, probate and trust litigation, and other business disputes.
About Carlton Fields Jorden Burt: Carlton Fields Jorden Burt has more than 370 attorneys and government consultants serving clients from offices in California*, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, New York, and Washington, D.C. The firm is known for its national litigation practice, including class action defense, trial practice, white-collar representation, and high-stakes appeals; its regulatory practice; and its handling of sophisticated business transactions and corporate counseling for domestic and international clients. For additional information, visit www.CFJBLaw.com.
*Carlton Fields Jorden Burt practices law in California through Carlton Fields Jorden Burt, LLP