Spring Hill, Florida (June 16, 2014) – Oak Hill Hospital has announced that its Emergency Care Center is again the recipient of the Emergency Nurses Association highly coveted Lantern Award. The Emergency Care Center is one of only 17 nationally who received this award.
Only 17 emergency centers nationally met the award criteria for the Lantern Award designation. In notifying us of the award the ENA stated that, “The Lantern Award designation is a visible symbol of an emergency department’s commitment to quality, safety, a healthy work environment and innovation in nursing practice and emergency care. Achievement of the Lantern Award indicates that your emergency department exemplifies outstanding and exemplary performance in the core areas of leadership, practice, education, advocacy, and research.” The 17 emergency departments nationally that were recognized by the ENA were evaluated on a wide variety of performance and outcome metrics as well as qualitative questions about noteworthy practices and attributes to the emergency department focusing on our commitment to excellence and innovation.
The Lantern Award designation is valid for three years. After that emergency departments must reapply, be evaluated and meet the award criteria in order to regain their Lantern Award recognition. This is Oak Hill Hospital’s emergency department’s second recognition valid through 2017.
Oak Hill Hospital’s Emergency Care Center is proud to be staffed by 100% board certified emergency nurses.
About the Emergency Nurses Association
The ENA is the only professional nurses association dedicated to defining the future of emergency nursing and emergency care through advocacy, expertise, innovation, and leadership. Founded in 1970, the ENA serves as the voice for more than 39,000 members and their patients through research, publications, professional development, injury prevention and patient education. Additional information is available at ENA’s website www.ENA.org.
About Oak Hill Hospital:
Oak Hill Hospital has been serving the Nature Coast since 1984. It is the largest medical facility in Hernando and Citrus Counties (262 acute care beds), is the area’s largest private employer, and offers Hernando County’s only comprehensive cardiovascular program, including open heart surgery. Approximately 370 physicians, almost 1100 associates, and over 250 volunteers comprise Oak Hill Hospital’s healthcare delivery team.
Oak Hill has demonstrated its healthcare leadership by achieving distinction as the:
· First hospital in the area to offer a Graduate Medical Education (GME) program with a residency in internal medicine.
· First hospital in the area to offer an on-site critical care intensivist program to provide 24/7 on-site intensive care in the 36 bed ICU of the hospital’s North Tower.
· First and only open heart surgery hospital in Hernando County.
· First hospital in our region to receive the Women’s Choice Award for Emergency Care Excellence by WomenCertified, home of the Women’s Choice Awards.
· First accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI (heart catheterization) and the first hospital in the area to achieve heart failure accreditation by the Society of Chest Pain Centers.
· First and only advanced level primary stroke center in Hernando County to be fully accredited by The Joint Commission.
· First comprehensive Women’s Imaging Center in Hernando County and the first imaging center offering digital mammography with computer-aided detection.
· First hospital in the area to be recognized as an accredited cancer institute by the Commission on Cancer (CoC) of the American College of Surgeons (ACoS).
· First hospital in the region to offer a comprehensive Orthopaedic & Spine Institute and first to achieve national certification by The Joint Commission for its hip & knee replacement and spinal fusion programs.
· First in the nation to have achieved 100% Board Certified Emergency Nurses, CEN’s, for which it was honored by the Emergency Nurses Association and first in Florida to receive the prestigious Lantern Award in ER nursing for exemplifying exceptional and innovative performance in the core areas of leadership, practice, education, advocacy, and research.
· Now offers the most advanced robotic assisted surgical system: the newly refined da Vinci® Si Surgical System.
· Named by The Joint Commission as one of the nation’s Top Performers on Key Quality Measures in Heart Attack, Heart Failure, Pneumonia, and Surgical Care.
It is located at 11375 Cortez Boulevard, Spring Hill, 1.9 miles east of US 19 on State Road 50. For more information about this release, please contact Richard W. Linkul, Director of Marketing, at 352-597-6383 or Richard.Linkul@HCAHealthcare.com. In Citrus call 352-628-6441. For more information about Oak Hill Hospital, visit our website at OakHillHospital.com, or like us on Facebook.