Hudson, Florida (June 11, 2014) – Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point announces that Cecelia (Fran) Hamblin, operator in telecommunications, has been recognized as Regional Medical Center’s employee of the month for April. In making the announcement the hospital pointed out that Ms. Hamblin was being recognized for being an individual who understands the importance of valuing each individual in which she comes into contact. As one nomination stated, “I am writing because I have noticed in my 30+ years of healthcare practice across the USA, that it sometimes comes down to one person. That person in this case was your employee Cecelia (Fran) Hamblin.”
In her nomination an incident was recalled where Fran demonstrated to her core the mission and values at Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point. Fran received recognition from a Case Manager from Michigan. The Case Manager wrote to RMCBP to inform the hospital of the wonderful help Fran was in assisting with communication and care arrangements regarding a patient being triaged by Bayonet Point hospital. This Case Manager made arrangements to transfer a patient from Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point back to a hospital in Michigan. She had made multiple calls and was having no success in contacting a physician who could communicate with her to assist in arranging for a transfer and offering a medical update on the patient. She finally called Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point, dialed 0 and was connected to Ms. Hamblin. Fran listened to what this Case Manager was trying to accomplish and immediately stated that her department would find someone to help and would call her back. Not only did Fran call her back, but gave her an explanation of who she had contacted and Fran then put her in touch with the physician who proceeded to assist with the patient transfer. The Case Manager stated, “You are very fortunate to have an employee such as this one.”
As an employee of the month Ms. Hamblin receives an Employee of the Month pin, a selected blanket gift, a reception with refreshments for her colleagues and a coveted front row parking spot for her use for one month, and a $50 gift card.
In addition, Ms. Hamblin receives a “You Make a Difference” starfish key chain personifying a well known story of the young man and the starfish.
Each Employee of the Month is also placed in nomination for Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point’s Employee of the Year to be determined at the end of the year.
Attached photo: Left to right: CEO Shayne George and Fran Hamblin.
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet has been serving the community since 1981. We are a 290-bed acute care hospital located in Hudson, FL and home of the nationally acclaimed Heart Institute. We have more than 350 physicians, 1,264 employees and 500 volunteers on our integrated healthcare delivery team.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
· Level II Trauma Center
· 2011 and 2012 Top Performing Hospital for Key Quality Measures for heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, and surgical care – The Joint Commission
· Certified Advance Primary Stroke Center – Joint Commission
· Heart & Stroke Champions Award Winner 1998 – 2011
· MRI, CT, Ultrasound, and Nuclear Medicine Accredited – American College of Radiology
· Approved, with Commendation, Community Cancer Program – American College of Surgeons.
· 10 Joint Commission Disease-Specific Certifications: primary stroke center, acute myocardial infarction, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), coronary artery bypass graft, heart failure, joint replacement hip, joint replacement knee, lung cancer, pneumonia, wound care!
· Awarded Hospital Safety Score of “A” in four consecutive rankings by The Leapfrog Group.
· Recipient of the 2014 American Heart Association (AHA)/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines® Gold Performance Achievement Award in stroke.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is located at 14000 Fivay Road, Hudson, FL. 34667. For additional information on Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point visit www.rmchealth.com or www.heartoftampa.comor visit us on Facebook.