Spring Hill, Florida (June 12, 2014) – Oak Hill Hospital announces that it will again offer its popular For Your Health Community Education Series. On Tuesday, July 15, 2014 from 5:30 pm to 7 pm, Robert Falkowski, MD, FACEP (Fellow of the American College of Emergency Physicians), and Cathy Edmisten, RN, CEN, MBA, will discuss Women & Heart Attacks: Saving Lives. The seminar will be presented at the hospital’s new Graduate Medical Education Conference Center at 11307 Cortez Boulevard, Brooksville, Florida 34613, on the campus of Oak Hill Hospital.
Dr. Robert Falkowski is board certified in emergency medicine at Oak Hill Hospital. He and Cathy Edmisten, Assistant Chief Nursing Officer at Oak Hill Hospital, will discuss heart attack signs and symptoms for women. This discussion will focus on the differences between early heart attack symptoms for men and women as well as the early treatment options available. Heart disease is the number one killer of women and the symptoms are often chalked up to less life-threatening conditions. Those who attend will learn the subtle signs and the importance of getting help right away.
Admission is free and a complimentary healthy meal will be served. Seating is limited and reservations are required. For more information and to register call 352-597-6333 in Hernando or 352-628-6060 in Citrus or register online at OakHillHospital.com/ForYourHealth.
Attached photos: Robert Falkowski, MD, FACEP, and Cathy Edmisten, RN, CEN, MBA
About Oak Hill Hospital:
Oak Hill Hospital has been serving the Nature Coast since 1984. It is the largest medical facility in Hernando and Citrus Counties (262 acute care beds), is the area’s largest private employer, and offers Hernando County’s only comprehensive cardiovascular program, including open heart surgery. Approximately 370 physicians, almost 1100 associates, and over 250 volunteers comprise Oak Hill Hospital’s healthcare delivery team.
Oak Hill has demonstrated its healthcare leadership by achieving distinction as the:
· First hospital in the area to offer a Graduate Medical Education (GME) program with a Residency in Internal Medicine.
· First hospital in the area to offer an on-site Critical Care Intensivist program to provide 24/7 on-site intensive care in the 36 bed ICU of the hospital’s North Tower.
· First and only open heart surgery hospital in Hernando County.
· First hospital in our region to receive the Women’s Choice Award for Emergency Care excellence by WomenCertified, home of the Women’s Choice Awards.
· First accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI (heart catheterization) and the first hospital in the area to achieve Heart Failure accreditation by the Society of Chest Pain Centers.
· First and only advanced level primary stroke center in Hernando County to be fully accredited by The Joint Commission.
· First comprehensive Women’s Imaging Center in Hernando County and the first imaging center offering digital mammography with computer aided detection.
· First hospital in the area to be recognized as an accredited cancer institute by the Commission on Cancer (CoC) of the American College of Surgeons (ACoS).
· First hospital in the region to offer a comprehensive Orthopaedic & Spine Institute and first to achieve national certification by The Joint Commission for its hip & knee replacement and spinal fusion programs.
· First in the nation to have achieved 100% Board Certified Emergency Nurses, CEN’s, for which it was honored by the Emergency Nurses Association and first in Florida to receive the prestigious Lantern Award in ER nursing for exemplifying exceptional and innovative performance in the core areas of leadership, practice, education, advocacy, and research.
· Now offers the most advanced robotic assisted surgical system: the newly refined da Vinci® Si Surgical System.
· Named by The Joint Commission as one of the nation’s Top Performers on Key Quality Measures in Heart Attack, Heart Failure, Pneumonia, and Surgical Care.
It is located at 11375 Cortez Boulevard, Spring Hill, 1.9 miles east of US 19 on State Road 50. For more information about this release, please contact Richard W. Linkul, Director of Marketing, at 352-597-6383 or Richard.Linkul@HCAHealthcare.com. In Citrus call 352-628-6441. For more information about Oak Hill Hospital, visit our website at OakHillHospital.com, or like us on Facebook.