Brandon, Florida (May 30, 2014) – The Medical Staff at Brandon Regional Hospital this year awarded 20 $1,000 “Doctors Scholarships” to students graduating from local high schools. The awards were presented to students at a ceremony on May 27th by Brandon Regional Hospital’s Chief of the Medical Staff Dr. Joseph Corcoran. The following individuals were selected and received 2014 medical staff scholarships:
· Tahina Fils-Aime – East Bay High School
· Tiffany Goller – Brandon High School
· Kaitlyn Kepics – Spoto High School
· Krista Lape – Riverview High School
· Brian Laxton – Newsome High School
· Leticia Mandujano – Strawberry Crest High School
· Lauren McCullum – Bloomingdale High School
· Lauren Pilley – East Bay High School
· Brianna Tinsley – Armwood High School
· Jessica Williams – Durant High School
In addition, the following dependents of employees were also selected to receive the scholarship awards:
· Julia Brinkley
· Andres Caraballo
· Dominique Cruickshank
· George Francis
· Julienne Javier-Ramos
· Philip Joseph
· Rachael Moore
· Hunter Sutherland
· Olivia Wederbrand
· Matthew Wisecarver
These scholarships are awarded annually by the Medical Staff at Brandon Regional Hospital and are funded primarily through the dues paid by each physician. Scholarship winners are selected by a Review Committee comprised of medical staff members. Dr. Michael Siegman, Thoracic Surgeon and the hospital’s Chief Medical Officer, Dr. Joseph Corcoran were on hand to present the scholarships on behalf of the medical staff.
Attached photo: Joseph C Corcoran DO, FACOG, Chief Medical Officer, Brandon Regional Hospital and Michael Siegman, MD, Thoracic Surgeon and 2014 Brandon Regional Hospital Medical Staff Scholarship Winners.
About Brandon Regional Hospital
Brandon Regional Hospital is a proud member of the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services. BRH is a 398-acute care facility which includes a 25-bed Behavioral Health Center. BRH holds the following certifications:
· Named among the 2014 Truven Health 100 Top Hospitals® in the nation. The award recognizes hospitals that provide national benchmark performance for value and effective care in their communities.
· Certification as a Primary Stroke Center by The Joint Commission.
· The Bariatric Center of Excellence award by the American Society of the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery.
· The Brandon Regional Hospital Echocardiography Lab has been awarded a three-year term of accreditation in the area of adult transthoracic by the Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Echocardiography Laboratories (ICAEL).
In addition, BRH offers quality patient care services including:
· The Women’s Center at Brandon Regional Hospital, which includes The Baby Suites, Level III NICU (Neonatal Intensive Care Unit), and new in-patient rooms for gynecology and anti-partum patients.
· The Reflux Center, which has developed a comprehensive approach for the diagnosis and treatment of acid reflux disease by combining highly skilled physicians and the latest technology to provide effective solutions.
· The Behavioral Health Center a 25 bed unit which emphasizes the importance of instilling hope with group and individual psychotherapy, medication assessment, psycho-educational group, family support and education groups, and interventions designed to guide the mind, body, and spirit to recovery.
· The Heart & Vascular Center offer the latest diagnoses and treatment options in neurological, spine and cardiac conditions.
Brandon Regional Hospital has recently initiated a program to only perform elective deliveries at 39 weeks gestation unless medically indicated. Although this initiative is becoming wide-spread throughout the nation, Brandon Regional Hospital and HCA implemented this initiative before it became a national movement.
Brandon Regional Hospital is located at 119 Oakfield Drive, Brandon, Florida 33511. For more information contact Patricia Montgomery, 813-571-5105 or go to BrandonRegionalHospital.com.