Spring Hill, Florida (May 22, 2014) – Oak Hill Hospital announces the promotion of Shelly Brandt, RN, BSN as the Director of Case Management. Ms. Brandt was promoted from her position as Director of Advanced Clinicals. Ms. Brandt has been a nurse for 10 years and will celebrate her sixth anniversary at Oak Hill Hospital in July. She began her career at Oak Hill Hospital in the emergency department and was a member of the original group of emergency nurses to receive their CENs (Certified Emergency Nurse) credentials.
Ms. Brandt holds an Associate of Fine Arts and Science degree from the University of Wisconsin, Rock County, an Associate degree of Nursing from Blackhawk Technical College in Janesville, Wisconsin, and a Bachelor of Nursing Science degree from the University of Wisconsin in Madison. Ms. Brandt is scheduled to receive her Master of Business Administration degree and Master of Science degree in Nursing in March 2015.
Ms. Brandt is board certified as an emergency nurse and a member of:
· American College of Healthcare Executives
· Nature Coast Emergency Nurse Association
· Business & Professional Women’s Association
· Project Management Institute
Attached photo: Shelly Brandt, RN, BSN
About Oak Hill Hospital
Oak Hill Hospital has been serving the Nature Coast since 1984. It is the largest medical facility in Hernando and Citrus Counties (262 acute care beds), is the area’s largest private employer, and offers Hernando County’s only comprehensive cardiovascular program, including open heart surgery. Approximately 370 physicians, almost 1100 associates, and over 250 volunteers comprise Oak Hill Hospital’s healthcare delivery team.
Oak Hill has demonstrated its healthcare leadership by achieving distinction as the:
· First hospital in the area to offer a Graduate Medical Education (GME) program with a Residency in Internal Medicine.
· First hospital in the area to offer an on-site Critical Care Intensivist program to provide around the clock intensive care in the 36 bed ICU of the hospital’s North Tower.
· First and only open heart surgery hospital in Hernando County.
· First hospital in our region to receive the Women’s Choice Award for Emergency Care excellence by WomenCertified, home of the Women’s Choice Awards.
· First accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI (heart catheterization) and the first hospital in the area to achieve Heart Failure accreditation by the Society of Chest Pain Centers.
· First and only advanced level primary stroke center in Hernando County to be fully accredited by The Joint Commission.
· First comprehensive Women’s Imaging Center in Hernando County and the first imaging center offering digital mammography with computer aided detection.
· First hospital in the area to be recognized as an accredited cancer institute by the Commission on Cancer (CoC) of the American College of Surgeons (ACoS).
· First hospital in the region to offer a comprehensive Orthopaedic & Spine Institute and first to achieve national certification by The Joint Commission for its hip & knee replacement and spinal fusion programs.
· First in the nation to have achieved 100% Board Certified Emergency Nurses, CEN’s, for which it was honored by the Emergency Nurses Association and first in Florida to receive the prestigious Lantern Award in ER nursing for exemplifying exceptional and innovative performance in the core areas of leadership, practice, education, advocacy, and research.
· Now offers the most advanced robotic assisted surgical system: the newly refined da Vinci® Si Surgical System.
· Named by The Joint Commission as one of the nation’s Top Performers on Key Quality Measures in Heart Attack, Heart Failure, Pneumonia, and Surgical Care.
It is located at 11375 Cortez Boulevard, Spring Hill, 1.9 miles east of US 19 on State Road 50. For more information about this release, please contact Richard W. Linkul, Director of Marketing, at 352-597-6383 or Richard.Linkul@HCAHealthcare.com. In Citrus call 352-628-6441. For more information about Oak Hill Hospital, visit our website at OakHillHospital.com, or like us on Facebook.