Brandon, Florida (May 28, 2014) – Brandon Regional Hospital has announced the following community events that will be held during the month of June. All events will be held in the Oakfield Medical Plaza on the campus of Brandon Regional Hospital, 119 Oakfield Drive, Brandon, Florida 33511, unless otherwise noted.
· Prepared Childbirth Series – June 2, 9, 16, and 23 at 6:30 pm, Oakfield Medical Plaza, Classroom B, Suite 260
· NICU Family to Family Support Group – June 3 and 17 at 6:45 pm, Brandon Regional Hospital, Women’s Center Lobby
· Living With Reflux is Not Living – June 3 at 6:30 pm – St. Andrews Presbyterian Church, 5340 Primrose Lake Circle, Tampa, Florida 33547
· Healthy Heart Nutrition – June 4 at 2:30 pm, Oakfield Medical Plaza, Classroom A, Suite 262
· Gestational Diabetes – June 5, 12, 19 and 26, 8:30 am, Oakfield Medical Plaza, Classroom C, Suite 258
· Prenatal Tour – June 8 at 3 pm and June 9 and 24 at 7:30 pm, Brandon Regional Hospital, Women’s Center Lobby
· Pink Petals Support Group – June 9 at 6:30 pm, Oakfield Medical Plaza, Classroom B, Suite 260
· Prenatal Breastfeeding – June 10 at 6:30 pm, Oakfield Medical Plaza, Classroom B, Suite 260
· Nutrition for Cancer Prevention & Treatment Class – June 11, 2:30 pm, Oakfield Medical Plaza, Classroom B, Suite 260
· Weight Loss Options – June 11 at 6 pm, Oakfield Medical Plaza, Classroom B, Suite 260
· Savvy Seniors: Risk Factors for Coronary Artery – June 12 at 11 am, The Bridges Retirement Community, 11350 Bloomingdale Avenue, Riverview, Florida 33578
· Vascular Victories Cardiac and Stroke Support – June 12, 12 pm, Oakfield Medical Plaza, Classroom A, Suite 262
· Prepared Childbirth – June 14 and 21 at 9 am, Oakfield Medical Plaza, Classroom B, Suite 260
· Outpatient Diabetes Self-Management – June 18, 8:30 am, Oakfield Medical Plaza, Classroom B, Suite 260
· Weight Loss Options – June 19 at noon, 1901 Haverford Avenue, Suite 106, behind South Bay Hospital, Sun City Center, Florida 33573
· Newborn Care Class – June 21 at 9:30 am and June 23 at 6 pm, Oakfield Medical Plaza, Classroom A, Suite 262
· Surgical Solutions for Weight Loss – June 26, 6:30 pm, Oakfield Medical Plaza, Classroom B, Suite 260
· Surgical Weight Loss Support Group – June 26, 6:30 pm, Oakfield Medical Plaza, Classroom A, Suite 262
Seating is limited and reservations are advised. For more information and to register call 813-653-1065 or visit BrandonRegionalHospital.com.
About Brandon Regional Hospital
Brandon Regional Hospital is a proud member of the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services. BRH is a 398-acute care facility which includes a 25-bed Behavioral Health Center. BRH holds the following certifications:
· Named among the 2014 Truven Health 100 Top Hospitals® in the nation. The award recognizes hospitals that provide national benchmark performance for value and effective care in their communities.
· Certification as a Primary Stroke Center by The Joint Commission.
· The Bariatric Center of Excellence award by the American Society of the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery.
· The Brandon Regional Hospital Echocardiography Lab has been awarded a three-year term of accreditation in the area of adult transthoracic by the Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Echocardiography Laboratories (ICAEL).
In addition, BRH offers quality patient care services including:
· The Women’s Center at Brandon Regional Hospital, which includes The Baby Suites, Level III NICU (Neonatal Intensive Care Unit), and new in-patient rooms for gynecology and anti-partum patients.
· The Reflux Center, which has developed a comprehensive approach for the diagnosis and treatment of acid reflux disease by combining highly skilled physicians and the latest technology to provide effective solutions.
· The Behavioral Health Center a 25 bed unit which emphasizes the importance of instilling hope with group and individual psychotherapy, medication assessment, psycho-educational group, family support and education groups, and interventions designed to guide the mind, body, and spirit to recovery.
· The Heart & Vascular Center offer the latest diagnoses and treatment options in neurological, spine and cardiac conditions.
Brandon Regional Hospital has recently initiated a program to only perform elective deliveries at 39 weeks gestation unless medically indicated. Although this initiative is becoming wide-spread throughout the nation, Brandon Regional Hospital and HCA implemented this initiative before it became a national movement.
Brandon Regional Hospital is located at 119 Oakfield Drive, Brandon, Florida 33511. For more information contact Patricia Montgomery, 813-571-5105 or go to BrandonRegionalHospital.com.